nstarleather

A few duffles in custom SB Foot Leathers

A lot of my customers are big fans of Red Wing boots so they ask for specific colors... Two recent ones were Gold Russet Sequoia and Briar Oil Slick.   The design uses 3 main pieces for the body and is basically a "big Dopp kit" with #10 YKK Zippers:

IMG_1224.thumb.JPG.5b4ff6c7a405d13fa745e10ba1b7e170.JPGA3BD37BE-4146-45BE-BF59-62449881DF7D.thumb.jpg.4d325a5a84ef39e05172629b49288aca.jpg

Awesome design and colors, must say the edgework does bug me tho.  They do look roomy, I bet you can pack a lot in those!  Would be interesting to see them after a year of good use!

YinTx

Looks good Mike and good to see you posting again. What sewing machines are used may I ask?

Those are great looking bags!  Did you come up with your own pattern or did you find one that’s available to others? 

Very nice.  And they do remind me of a very large drop kit.

10 hours ago, YinTx said:

Awesome design and colors, must say the edgework does bug me tho.  They do look roomy, I bet you can pack a lot in those!  Would be interesting to see them after a year of good use!

YinTx

So I generally don’t do much edge finishing to keep the prices low…since these Red Wing folks have boots with mostly raw edges, it for with the look.

8 hours ago, RockyAussie said:

Looks good Mike and good to see you posting again. What sewing machines are used may I ask?

Everything is in the Pfaff “45 family”, 545’s and 1245’s mostly.

1 hour ago, Tequila said:

Those are great looking bags!  Did you come up with your own pattern or did you find one that’s available to others? 

No just took the idea of a Dopp kit and played around with the size till I was happy.  Did the overlap since one-piece would be nearly impossible.

1 hour ago, nstarleather said:

So I generally don’t do much edge finishing to keep the prices low…since these Red Wing folks have boots with mostly raw edges, it for with the look.

Agree, it does match the look, and keeps the labor input down.  Don't mind my grumpy input.  :)

YinTx

10 minutes ago, YinTx said:

Agree, it does match the look, and keeps the labor input down.  Don't mind my grumpy input.  :)

YinTx

No worries, edge finishing have never been a big thing for me but that’s cause I’m “bang for your buck” with my products.  If I did the beveling , burnishing etc, I’d have to charge a lot more.

8 hours ago, nstarleather said:

No just took the idea of a Dopp kit and played around with the size till I was happy.  Did the overlap since one-piece would be nearly impossible.

Well you did one fine job with it, very nice looking

2 hours ago, Tequila said:

Well you did one fine job with it, very nice looking

Thanks!

14 hours ago, nstarleather said:

Everything is in the Pfaff “45 family”, 545’s and 1245’s mostly.

No tall post machine used in there somewhere. I just started using one recently and have found it to be an excellent addition for totes and stuff. Can cut out a fair bit of time with the right designs. I should be doing some videos on it sometime soon.

8 hours ago, RockyAussie said:

No tall post machine used in there somewhere. I just started using one recently and have found it to be an excellent addition for totes and stuff. Can cut out a fair bit of time with the right designs. I should be doing some videos on it sometime soon.

I have a cylinder machine but I've been tempted to get a post machine because there are some designs that are much easier with a post machine. 

These look great! I love the shape. They have that rugged look that for sure work with Red Wings. Are they lined and are there internal pockets? 

I love the way you put together that darker leather one--it matches my footwear, for sure! Thanks for sharing!

38 minutes ago, GavinO said:

These look great! I love the shape. They have that rugged look that for sure work with Red Wings. Are they lined and are there internal pockets? 

No lining bot u include a snap-in zipper bag.