hanzosbm

Should I start over?

I accidentally created a line along the bottom of this piece while planning the layout. I was hopeful that the border stamping would cover it up, but it's still pretty noticable.

I'm planning on filling in the open center area with a checkered background tool, but somewhat unevenly to give a look similar to hammered metal. But with the line ending up right at the transition between the border stamp and the rest, I'm worried it'll be very obvious. 

How noticeable do you think this will be? Should I just go ahead and start over?

IMG_20220708_145715971_HDR.jpg

I'd move the checkered background tool down just enough to cover it and let it go.

Only you and I would ever know . . . :lol:

May God bless,

Dwight

:16:Just stamp over it , I do not think it will be noticed with the hammered effect you are trying to achieve. It will look awesome. Post them finished pics,

good luck and happy tooling!

3 hours ago, Dwight said:

Only you and I would ever know . . . :lol:

And I ain't tellin' nobody.

12 hours ago, Dwight said:

Only you and I would ever know . . .

I'm not telling either  :) 

I've just made a bit of a boo boo tooling a  handbag...shhhhhh :whistle:

HS

Do the same on the top part and then use your backgrounder to blend it all in. At least that way top and bottom will look the same. I'm sure it will look fine.

Thank you all! I'll keep going.

And dikman, yes, the plan is to do it matching along the top.

I've still got a ways to go. Finish the tooling, oil it, paint it, stain part of it, antique it, clear coat, then stitch a rolled edge in green leather over the top and bottom, then glue and stitch a liner on the back. Not to mention the straps. I'm just pushing hard to get them done by the last week of August when the first of many Oktoberfest parties in the area begin.

Hanzo, I figured you were going to do the pattern along the top too, I meant to also put in a faint line.