brownsbarn

Take-up Lever 211W155

I just bought a 211W155 and the hand wheel won't make a full revolution without getting hard to turn when the take-up lever is in the lowest and highest position. It has a clutch motor and the belt is off. It's been setting for quite a while, but I've oiled it well and it's been three or four days and is still hard to turn. I don't want to try to run it with the motor without figuring out why it is so hard to turn. Help appreciated. :unsure:

Edited by brownsbarn

When I bought my 212G141 (same style take up lever but with 2 holes) I figured the lower part (lets say the "slide tube") is bent. I had a hard spot when turning the hand wheel. It took a lot of time to figure that. I had to remove the needle bar rock frame and stuff and when the take up lever was out it was smooth again. Ordered a new take up lever from College Sewing UK installed it and I was back in service. I have no idea how this thing can bend but it was!

Not sure if you have the same issue - hard to tell from a distance ;)

Edited by Constabulary

31 minutes ago, brownsbarn said:

I just bought a 211W155 and the hand wheel won't make a full revolution without getting hard to turn when the take-up lever is in the lowest and highest position.

My first check would be to remove the needle and see if it then allows a smooth revolution by hand-wheeling. If so the needle is rubbing up against something. Have you: oiled the machine, removed the bobbin and checked to see there is no old thread wrapped around under the basket or noticed any signs of parts rubbing?

A couple of photo's maybe helpful.

kgg

@brownsbarn Moved your post to leather sewing machines.  More machine guys live here and are also ready to chip in besides kgg and constabulary.  All great guys.

3 hours ago, kgg said:

My first check would be to remove the needle and see if it then allows a smooth revolution by hand-wheeling. If so the needle is rubbing up against something. Have you: oiled the machine, removed the bobbin and checked to see there is no old thread wrapped around under the basket or noticed any signs of parts rubbing?

A couple of photo's maybe helpful.

kgg

Thanks so much it was some thread under the bobbin.I'm really new at this. I need to buy some thread for a outside sun screen, could you recommend some or should I just ask at the store.Thanks again.:)

4 hours ago, brownsbarn said:

I need to buy some thread for a outside sun screen, could you recommend some or should I just ask at the store.

For outdoor (Sun, UV rays, rain, snow, temperature swings) use i recommend bonded polyester thread. Your machine can handle #69 (T70), #92 (T90), or #138 (T135) thread. Pre-wound G size bobbins are available in #69 and #92, in black, brown and white, if not more colors. Or, you can stock up on empty G bobbins and wind your own. Do you know the top colors you will need? Bonded thread is usually sold in 8 and 16 ounce spools. But, some sellers also have them in 4 ounce spools.

2 hours ago, Wizcrafts said:

For outdoor (Sun, UV rays, rain, snow, temperature swings) use i recommend bonded polyester thread. Your machine can handle #69 (T70), #92 (T90), or #138 (T135) thread. Pre-wound G size bobbins are available in #69 and #92, in black, brown and white, if not more colors. Or, you can stock up on empty G bobbins and wind your own. Do you know the top colors you will need? Bonded thread is usually sold in 8 and 16 ounce spools. But, some sellers also have them in 4 ounce spools.

Thanks so much, this is a great site for beginners like me.:yes: