Peasantlizzie

Not receiving any notificataions

I hope I've put this in the correct section. I joined the site a few weeks ago, posted a question and got notification of some answers, which were helpful. I also posted replies.

I would like to receive notification of other posts, so that, apart from general interest, if I have anything to offer in the way of help (unlikely at this stage of my career with industrial sewing machines but you never know!) I can offer it. I thought I had set my settings so as to receive notification of posts, but have received nothing. Having looked at the settings again, it looks as if I can only receive notification of anything related to my own posts. I can't see how to change the settings so that I receive notification of anything else. Can anyone help?

10 hours ago, Peasantlizzie said:

Can anyone help?

image.png

See the drop down menu item called "Activity"?  Check it out and see what's hiding under it.  Can setup what you want to see.  I wouldn't want an email for every post every day.  Instead use this button, or setup your own selection of what you want to see.  Then each time you check in on the site, you have your stuff ready for you, and can even set a bookmark for it.

Thank you - this is helpful. I've had a look there and set up a selection.  I have to admit though, that finding your way around this website does seem complicated, compared to others I use. Maybe it's just me...