HandyDave

White leather

Allright guys and gals i have a good customer and friend who is wanting a couple tooled leather seat organizers that will be hanging on the backs of his white leather suv seats. First i dont know why anyone ever wants white seats or carpets or anything thats gonna get used. But either way his seats are white and his worry is the leather organizer would stain or dirty the white seats. My question for all of you is ehat would be best option to not have any kind of rub off or discoloring of his seats? Atleast not from my organizer. Would lining with a chrome tan leather work or just leave the backside completely natural vegtan? Thanks as allways gang for any help.

The only success I have had with white vegtan is when it’s painted, but you can lose some of the details in the tooling

you could line the back in a white chrome tan or deer hide ?

Hi Dave,

Aart here from France.
I once ( 20 years ago I'm afraid) used a through and through Aluminium or was it Aluin hide.

It was beautiful and very soft.

So soft I couldn't use it for the harness it was intended for. ;-)

It came from Ehrlich Leder in Germany.
Maybe worth giving them a call or send them a mail ?

Best regards

Aart.

If you've got the tooled part covered and just want to protect the part that touches the seat, I'd just line the. back with a layer of a light-colored upholstery leather.  In theory upholstery leather is not going to rub color at all since people got to sit on it all day.    Leaving it natural veg is a little more worrisome because while it don't stain by itself, the "unfinished" nature of it will possibly cause issues with it absorbing dirt and then transferring.   Just my 2 cents. 

Thank you guys for responding. I found a partial side of white upholstery leather in the depths of my scrap bins. I probably stuffed it in there thinking i would never need to use bright white leather. But it seems i have found perfect place for it on the back of organizers.