Affaltar

Ottoman weapon belt, pattern needed

Silahlık için 53 fikir | antikalar, karakulak, osmanli

Hello, does anyone have a pattern for this or something simmilar?

Or at least detailed explanation of the construction?

HaHa! These are mostly gun holster guys. You'd be better off looking in the Cosplay or Larp forums.

That looks impressive :yes:

20 hours ago, toxo said:

HaHa! These are mostly gun holster guys. You'd be better off looking in the Cosplay or Larp forums.

Do you know any? I'm in one local but they asked me to make it and don't have a pattern

@Affaltar

I did have a quick look around , but I think it will be a tall order to find a pattern for that . 

https://tr.pinterest.com/altemur/ottoman-firearms/

Perhaps if you contact the gent in the link, or get him to take some extra pics of the holster you wish to make  so you can copy it? Or he may have more info?  :dunno:

Good luck 

HS

4 hours ago, Affaltar said:

Do you know any? I'm in one local but they asked me to make it and don't have a pattern

Sorry no but where I do my workshop is very much that way inclined and almost everyone is involved in Cosplay, Larp, medieval, traditional archery etc. I'll ask and get back to you.

if you can find the country it is from and about the century it was made then i'm sure there are illustrations somewhere. Pretty easy to make a pattern then i do it all the time for my holsters. looks like some basic conchoes and some lacing , a little tooling pattern on about 4 oz or so. 

On 7/19/2022 at 3:30 AM, Affaltar said:

Silahlık için 53 fikir | antikalar, karakulak, osmanli

Hello, does anyone have a pattern for this or something simmilar?

Or at least detailed explanation of the construction?

Looks like a knife sheath for suspenders  or a shoulder rig to me

google ottoman weapons belt you can get a load of pictures of them. 

1 hour ago, Frodo said:

its more like a hip bag worn in front, multiple layers of pockets for your weapons with a thin belt, the round part on lower right is for the knife or sword. 

DM me, I can help

11 hours ago, Handstitched said:

@Affaltar

I did have a quick look around , but I think it will be a tall order to find a pattern for that . 

https://tr.pinterest.com/altemur/ottoman-firearms/

Perhaps if you contact the gent in the link, or get him to take some extra pics of the holster you wish to make  so you can copy it? Or he may have more info?  :dunno:

Good luck 

HS

I sent a message, we'll see if I get anything, thank you

9 hours ago, toxo said:

Sorry no but where I do my workshop is very much that way inclined and almost everyone is involved in Cosplay, Larp, medieval, traditional archery etc. I'll ask and get back to you.

Thanks, if you find something out please let me know

8 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

if you can find the country it is from and about the century it was made then i'm sure there are illustrations somewhere. Pretty easy to make a pattern then i do it all the time for my holsters. looks like some basic conchoes and some lacing , a little tooling pattern on about 4 oz or so. 

Ottoman empire, 15-19 century, I've seen a lot of illustrations but I can't find details easily. There's a bunch of layers 

8 hours ago, Frodo said:

It is not, it's a belt that goes over the waist, in front of you and you put all your weapons there to look scary

I can improvise my own pattern, make something similar that will work, but I was just looking for a chance to have that part of the work already done. Ottomans raided huge parts of Europe and a lot of reenactment battles include them so people here might have it. But please don't spend any effort looking for it if you don't have it, I'll do that myself =) 

1 hour ago, Affaltar said:

I sent a message, we'll see if I get anything, thank you

Thanks, if you find something out please let me know

Ottoman empire, 15-19 century, I've seen a lot of illustrations but I can't find details easily. There's a bunch of layers 

It is not, it's a belt that goes over the waist, in front of you and you put all your weapons there to look scary

I can improvise my own pattern, make something similar that will work, but I was just looking for a chance to have that part of the work already done. Ottomans raided huge parts of Europe and a lot of reenactment battles include them so people here might have it. But please don't spend any effort looking for it if you don't have it, I'll do that myself =) 

good luck friend!!! let us know how it turns out.