Hairic

Any one used white leather dye?

Just like title says lol had anyone used white leather dye? If so do you have pics of it? Preferably on natural vegtan.

Even if you can find the white dye, don't waste your time. It has an extremely bad smell, and it would take many coats to get even a grey color.
Just buy the drum dyed white Veg-Tan and save yourself the frustration and effort.

4 hours ago, Hairic said:

Just like title says lol had anyone used white leather dye? If so do you have pics of it? Preferably on natural vegtan.

It sucks.   If you want white leather, it's better to buy it, or acrylic paint it.

- Bill

Ok, that's kinda how I thought the answers would be lol.. thank you 

I used some Fiebing's white dye in a couple pieces, in small portions.

I wouldn't use it for large white spaces, though. 

14 hours ago, Hairic said:

Just like title says lol had anyone used white leather dye?

Yes I have . I did make a belt using the white leather dye in the pic , I'll try and find it.  The makers in the pics no longer exist . The dyes were just in with  some (old)  stuff that someone gave me . But it does stink either due to its age, or chemical make up...or both.  

I had to put quite  a few coats on to get the required finish. It was more like a 'white wash' than a dye.  IMO, not worth the bother, nor have I have any demand  for white leather products.  I have white kangaroo leather if I do. 

HS

Leather Dye Samples.jpg

Found that belt...on my phone . Its the only belt I have made using white dye. 

I sold it pretty quick from memory .

HS

White Leather Belt.JPG

Well those didn't turn out to bad.. I need to just do white letters on a fire shield. Basically the black would be white.  But I need it to be bright. Just not much of a painter so want to stick with dye if possible.

20220721_144226.jpg

19 minutes ago, Hairic said:

Well those didn't turn out to bad.. I need to just do white letters on a fire shield. Basically the black would be white.  But I need it to be bright. Just not much of a painter so want to stick with dye if possible.

For bright white, acrylic paint is what will do the job there. White dye doesn't leave a bright white finish.
You don't need to be much of a painter, since it's not really a "fine art" job -- just go slowly and use a small brush on the edges.
I used white acrylic paint for these:
http://djole.altervista.org/djole/Publications/Leather/GL wallet/GLWallet.htm

http://djole.altervista.org/djole/Publications/Leather/P/Pouch/CometPouch-1.htm

2 hours ago, Hairic said:

20220721_144226.jpg

buy a good artists quality of white acrylic paint. The better the quality the more pigment making less layers on your work to screw up.

@Hairic I look forward to seeing the end result, if the sample is anything to go by . Hope it works out well. 

@chuck123wapati the ' cova colour' range has been quite good for me .