Sign in to follow this  
brownsbarn

tensioner

It seems I need a new tensioner for my 211W155 because the stud on the old one is bent. I tried straightening it, but it's not going to work very well.

There's one on Amazon I've thought about purchasing. Is this one any good?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0773KDTWV/ref=ox_sc_act_title_7?smid=A1JQQ14HH8YFCN&psc=1#customerReviews

I really just need the bracket, not the rest of the parts though.

Thanks in advance.

It´s not an OEM part, do not expect OEM Quality and when I look at the Amazon reviews - seems sometimes they do not fit.

I bought this one twice (not OEM quality either) and both fit an work (at least on the 211U566 I worked on): 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143413567310

But you can get just studs from good sewing machine dealers too but I do not know how much they are - can´t be much.

Don´t know which is bent but tension stud is 201224 and regulator stud is 201199.

If you buy them from Ebay I would buy new nuts too and when possible from the same dealer - or check with a known sewing machine dealer.

IMG_8150.JPG

IMG_8152.JPG

Edited by Constabulary

21 hours ago, brownsbarn said:

It seems I need a new tensioner for my 211W155 because the stud on the old one is bent. I tried straightening it, but it's not going to work very well.

There's one on Amazon I've thought about purchasing. Is this one any good?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0773KDTWV/ref=ox_sc_act_title_7?smid=A1JQQ14HH8YFCN&psc=1#customerReviews

I really just need the bracket, not the rest of the parts though.

Thanks in advance.

I know you just need a tension post ,this tension your showing is for a 111w & it doesn't have the check spring stop on it,you'll need to use the screw that holds the lower disc on so you can put this stop on the new one,it needs a longer screw & looking at the screw on this one on ebay I doubt they will interchange(I've never seen a phillips screw on the disc).So the best thing to do is look for part #244727 which is for the 211 if you can't find them on ebay we have them,but ours aren't made in China & will cost alittle more.

Edited by CowboyBob

Bob, I´m not sure but the weren´t just the Japanese made  211 (211U...) equipped with the check spring stop on the tension unit. Not sure though but my needle feed 212 has no spring stop on the tension unit I have the curved piece mounted to the casting

I recall that I added the curved metal spring stop to the two 211U566 I worked on cause I did not find one with an "integrated" spring stop.

1 hour ago, Constabulary said:

Bob, I´m not sure but the weren´t just the Japanese made  211 (211U...) equipped with the check spring stop on the tension unit. Not sure though but my needle feed 212 has no spring stop on the tension unit I have the curved piece mounted to the casting

I recall that I added the curved metal spring stop to the two 211U566 I worked on cause I did not find one with an "integrated" spring stop.

All the 211 & 212 I've ever seen have the stop on the tension unit.It can be added but you'll need a longer screw which is still available.

I haven't ordered anything yet, so I'm open to any ideas on what to do. Here is a picture of the parts.

I tried to straighten the tensioning stud and one side broke off. I lost the plunger pin. I see the tensioning stud is riveted on and I wouldn't have a problem trying to rivet a new one on.

I need a few other parts, thread guide on the needle, bobbin winder stop and screw 2 table hooks for the machine, and still looking at everything to make it complete, but no one online company that I know of seems to have all those parts.

Thank you very much for all the replies.

IMG_5093..jpg

I´m pretty sure Toledo Industrial Sewing Machine (CowboyBob) can help you out - see above post.

@ Bob

my 212G has no spring stop on the TU - I have the curved metal spring stop on the casting.