Sign in to follow this  
pgraca97

IN NEED OF MUCH NEEDED HELP! CHANGING A ROLLER FOOT TO A WALKING FOOT PFAFF

Oh my god! I have been around this machine for days, i must admit that i am kind of a newbie in this world, but i really needed and industrial machina that could sew leather to finish some college projects. So i bought this PFAFF machine from this guy where i often buy my leathers from and it came with a roller foot already attached and now i would really like to change it to a normal standard walking foot. And let me tell you... i even starting to feel like a clown because i have no idead on how to change, because it has this "spring" (i don't know the right word in english, sorry) that doesn't let me remove the last part of the foot. Please help me :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

See the video for further detail: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pjlj8 ... p=sharing

I have already unscrewed all the screws that were to unscrew, pls help a guy out, kinda going into despair :triumph: :cry: :sob:

from my research i think i will have to change the whole presser foot bar and add one that can take standard foots no? anyone knows where i can buy presser foot bars online?
i think what i have in my machine is something like this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1__V6lFDxrVQfmniOAsoQUeRbek7avBdi/view?usp=sharing

1659350769912 (1).jpg

All you should have had to do was adjust the needle bar height and possibly swap feed dog. Three screws. At least on all my machines that’s all it took. My machines are singer and Union special that have the rollers. Really easy. Hope that’s all it entails for you. 

2 hours ago, pgraca97 said:

So i bought this PFAFF machine from this guy where i often buy my leathers from and it came with a roller foot already attached and now i would really like to change it to a normal standard walking foot.

You cannot convert this machine to a walking foot mechanism. It is and will be a straight stitch, bottom feed machine. If the roller is a problem, try to find a standard flat foot that will fasten to your presser bar. Any Pfaff dealer can help you out.