BigLeatherVic

What projects can I do with 5/6 oz leather?

Me and my buddy went halfsies on a double shoulder but I didn't realize how thick 5/6 oz leather is. What projects can I do with this kind of thick leather? I can't even crease it without water so I have no idea what to make. Please give suggestions!

this isnt all you can make but gives you an idea. , you can also double it up and make the thicker stuff as well. the sky is the limit. 

Its an ideal thickness for making ladies over-shoulder carry handbags

It only seems thick until you've worked with the thick stuff... Also, always wet it before bending it or it's likely to crack at the peak of the fold.

@chuck123wapati  well done  on that handy  chart. 

@BigLeatherVic Theres a multitude of items that can be made . I use 1.2mm/2.3mm ( 5-6oz)  on bags, wallet outers , small coin purses, cases, scraps can be used for  book marks, key rings  etc.  You're only limited by your imagination  :) 

Have a play and have fun  :)

HS

On 8/2/2022 at 1:17 PM, BigLeatherVic said:

Me and my buddy went halfsies on a double shoulder but I didn't realize how thick 5/6 oz leather is. What projects can I do with this kind of thick leather? I can't even crease it without water so I have no idea what to make. Please give suggestions!

I mainly use this weight.  I cut out two mirror image pieces and glue them together to make holsters.  Hat patches, journal covers...the list goes on and on.  I also typed in "5-6 oz vegetable tanned leather" on YouTube and it brought up many videos.