Zack00

It possible: I combined my love of cars and CNC machines

I never thought that it possible to combine my love of cars and CNC machines in my life. As a result, I do unique car interior engraving and am happy with my results. Let me tell you more...

main-qimg-c92cc7cad853352383da602996d435d2-lq
main-qimg-0271d2aa020c4fdc963ffd9ec3577288-lq

The advent of laser engraving technology has changed car interior design. Guided by the individualized car interior, car owners have more opportunities to make the interior of the car more colorful.

The interiors of mass-produced car models tend to look the same. For consumers seeking a great experience, a "customized" car interior is more in keeping with the car owner's own style. Laser engraved car interiors are designed to create a soulful driving space.

In general, anyone interested, I can tell you more about the work process, how easy it is to have a good CO2 laser machine at home. Or you can just order the engraving, but it is not so interesting ;)

Edited by Zack00

1 hour ago, Zack00 said:

I never thought that it possible to combine my love of cars and CNC machines in my life. As a result, I do unique car interior engraving and am happy with my results. Let me tell you more...

main-qimg-0271d2aa020c4fdc963ffd9ec3577288-lq

The advent of laser engraving technology has changed car interior design. Guided by the individualized car interior, car owners have more opportunities to make the interior of the car more colorful.

The interiors of mass-produced car models tend to look the same. For consumers seeking a great experience, a "customized" car interior is more in keeping with the car owner's own style. Laser engraved car interiors are designed to create a soulful driving space.

In general, anyone interested, I can tell you more about the work process, how easy it is to have a good CO2 laser machine at home. Or you can just order the engraving, but it is not so interesting ;)

those are very cool indeed and have opened up a whole new genre of leather work but i have a question. What is the legality of using other peoples art and or trade names in your work?  i know using and or selling trade marks such as your Lexus without permission can violate the trade laws here in the US. 

10 minutes ago, chuck123wapati said:

those are very cool indeed and have opened up a whole new genre of leather work but i have a question. What is the legality of using other peoples art and or trade names in your work?  i know using and or selling trade marks such as your Lexus without permission can violate the trade laws here in the US. 

Generally speaking making something personal with a logo (which is not for sale) isn't a trademark infringement. For instance I'm ok making my own Disney t-shirt. 

However the second I attempt to sell stuff that Disney t-shirt. I'm infringing on their trademarks.

2 minutes ago, Gulrok said:

Generally speaking making something personal with a logo (which is not for sale) isn't a trademark infringement. For instance I'm ok making my own Disney t-shirt. 

However the second I attempt to sell stuff that Disney t-shirt. I'm infringing on their trademarks.

i just don't want to see anyone get into legal troubles.

exactly! from Zacks comments he is reselling trademarks. How about artwork can a guy just download someone's art work, photos, etc. and resell it in another format such as this?

Just now, chuck123wapati said:

exactly! from Zacks comments he is reselling trademarks. How about artwork can a guy just download someone's art work, photos, etc. and resell it in another format such as this?

I look through their profile, and at the time of my post, almost all of their comments have links to a place to buy laser cutters. My guess - this is a manufacturer advertising. They have their own website listed in their bio. 

That's my opinion though. Who knows if they'll change it when they see my post.

--

But that's why they don't care about infringement. They're only trying those to tell someone the machine to do the infringement. 

1 hour ago, chuck123wapati said:

Indeed. Let a set of mouse ears even try to make it onto anything and you'll be sued to Never-Neverland and back.

1 hour ago, Gulrok said:

I look through their profile, and at the time of my post, almost all of their comments have links to a place to buy laser cutters. My guess - this is a manufacturer advertising. They have their own website listed in their bio. 

--

But that's why they don't care about infringement. They're only trying those to tell someone the machine to do the infringement. 

Ahhhh, good catch. Brave soul clicking on links like that.

19 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

This not my own work. I shared the article and just gave visual examples. Stop panic!

19 hours ago, Gulrok said:

Yes, you are absolutely right. And in this case, I didn't want to show my work so I wouldn't get scolded for advertising. I took samples of my work from the Internet, so I was accused anyway. Although I just shared my experience in the article. 

19 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

Phaha...Sorry, I don't resell brands. I write useful articles, share experiences, and show examples in examples FOR THE UNDERSTANDING. If it's so scary, I can write posts without pictures.

19 hours ago, Gulrok said:

--

This photo is freely available on Google, I'm not violating anything, wake up! 
Yes, I work on a specific CNC machine. If I talk about my work, I show which machine or what tools are used to make it. It's easy! I don't have my own store. 

On the forum, everyone writes about their work, ask questions, talk about some brands, share their experiences. I am no different. Stop accusing me of something I didn't do.

49 minutes ago, Zack00 said:

Phaha...Sorry, I don't resell brands. I write useful articles, share experiences, and show examples in examples FOR THE UNDERSTANDING. If it's so scary, I can write posts without pictures.

i didn't accuse you of anything you wrote you sell your stuff and you showed a Lexus logo. if you sold that without permission it is illegal and i questioned that i also questioned the legality of using other peoples art without permission which if not illegal certainly unethical.. Seems the only one panicking is you. I just asked a question!

If your useful articles insinuate that you can sell anything from the net then they aren't useful they are wrong.

Okay! I just don't understand why there is so much question about the Lexus logo. I didn't write anywhere that I was selling it! I wrote about the engraving on the leather and I BELIEVED an EXAMPLE OF WORK, NOT MY WORK! I didn't appropriate it for myself. the photo is freely available. 

56 minutes ago, chuck123wapati said:

i didn't accuse you of anything you wrote you sell your stuff and you showed a Lexus logo. if you sold that without permission it is illegal and i questioned that i also questioned the legality of using other peoples art without permission which if not illegal certainly unethical.. Seems the only one panicking is you. I just asked a question!

If your useful articles insinuate that you can sell anything from the net then they aren't useful they are wrong.

6 minutes ago, Zack00 said:

Okay! I just don't understand why there is so much question about the Lexus logo. I didn't write anywhere that I was selling it! I wrote about the engraving on the leather and I BELIEVED an EXAMPLE OF WORK, NOT MY WORK! I didn't appropriate it for myself. the photo is freely available. 

I do unique car interior engraving "  you wrote this! Do you do it for free or only for your self? 

You posted this!    If you are selling this its illegal. if this is just a photo from the net like you now say then you didn't create it with that cnc machine and your lying about that.

So now you can answer my question in a logical manner.   What is the legality of using other peoples art and or trade names in your work?  

You have to at least admit to being a little deceptive in the way you approached things from your first post @Zack00. Congrats, we all know what laser engraving is and where to get everything we need to do it. Please get to sharing your own work and how you execute it or figure out how to sell your wares and/or other people's stuff some other way.

:17: :google0dw: :jawdropper: 

I set up at a flea market, and if you sell handbags with “any logo” you best be licensed. The state boys actually send out agents to look for pirated brand names, just in the initial description “Zach00” could be held and his property searched.

Lets just say I have a case of 24 “Igloo” drinking cups and they catch me with the UNOPENED box of counterfeit cups I don’t get charged for that case of cups - I get charged for each individual item. AND if I’m selling an actual “Igloo” item I had best have an actual license (printed with an address and phone number of said company) or it will look like a scene from “Men In Black” as they either write you a ticket to appear OR carry you and said items off to meet Bubba

Here in the good old USA it’s ok to live a free life, just so long as you don’t step on the big guys toes. BUT if you are a politician or the family member of one, you get to go to an island and have sex with children or stay in the state your wife represents and get into accidents while you are drunk. 

9 hours ago, Zack00 said:

Weird, cos the article linked in your signature (on a particular manufacturer's website, promoting the capabilities of their machines) appears to be written by "An Lee", rather than "Zach".

If you're anything more than a poorly disguised shill for a Chinese manufacturer of laser cutters perhaps you could provide an an article you are proud of enough to put your own name on? Or show your own work? Otherwise, I declare "cobblers awls".

11 hours ago, Zack00 said:

This photo is freely available on Google, I'm not violating anything, wake up! 
Yes, I work on a specific CNC machine. If I talk about my work, I show which machine or what tools are used to make it. It's easy! I don't have my own store. 

Stop. I don't think you're fooling us here. 

We're happy if you want to post about stuff that you're actually doing. The way you are writing and posting seems to imply you're a manufacturer / reseller of a laser/cnc products. Your signature has a link, you have a link in your profile to a vendor's website. You keep linking to websites to buy. Not once have you posted the work you've done or claimed ownership. Instead you've written little articles about it promoting cnc... with links.

Your English while good for the most part but isn't always contextually correct. Its a step above broken IMO.  For example "Stop Panic" " If it's so scary, I can write posts without pictures." 

- No one is panicking, we're calling your bluff.
- It isn't scary, you're advertising "look what I can do" and we're debating the legality of it.

So I have no doubt you're attempting to advertise and you're pretending to be a regular forum member in disguise.

--

If you want to be an advertiser here, you can be one. I encourage you to do so.  https://leatherworker.net/adnews/ad.html