dhaverstick

Finished this purse for my cousin

After much procrastination, I finally finished this purse last night. The body of the purse and the trim are mule deer hide. The yellow and green material making the Celtic knots is ostrich leg skin and the brown in the knots is carp hide. I carved the strap buttons from deer antler and sewed it all up by hand using approximately 3.65 miles of artificial sinew. It has two external pockets and one internal pocket. I sure hope my cousin likes it!

yOdDEHT.jpg
9QROCdf.jpg
aCMzGUe.jpg
hrn6k7B.jpg
KAyJ7r9.jpg
jncK70q.jpg

Darren

That's a beauty!  I love the colors and the textures you've incorporated, not to mention the fancy stitching.  Truly a work of art.

Impressive!!!! Hopefully you have worked up some callouses on your fingers from the sewing, as soon as your other relatives see this, you will be making many more!!!

gorgeous!!! 

Now that’s NICE!  You said that finally finished it, how long did you work on it?  Probably take me a year at the pace I work.

My hat's off to you. That is one boat load of stitching and lacing !:notworthy:You certainly did an amazing job,and thanks for sharing.

Thank you all for the kind words! 

I think I started working on this purse this past January but just couldn't get motivated. I didn't think the Celtic knots were going to look very good and I had to force myself to work on them. They did turn out better than I thought they would, though. I think I have about 100 hours in it, spread out over 7 months.

Darren

Always a pleasure seeing your "stuff" on here. Always really cool 

That's one of the best purses I've seen. What wonderful work that I'm sure your cousin is going to love.

What a unique piece! Love the different textures and colours! Well done!