Johanna

Balenciaga selling ‘most expensive trash bag in the world’

I thought this expensive purse looked like a bag of trash, and it turns out that it was inspired by one. I'm having a giggle fit.

The luxury fashion house’s shiny drawstring bag — which is made out of calfskin leather, emblazoned with a subtle logo and comes in the basic Hefty bag black along with the solid Glad-esque white as well as yellow and blue — is making its way to stores after debuting in the Fall 2022 Ready-to-Wear collection in Paris in March.

29 minutes ago, Johanna said:

I thought this expensive purse looked like a bag of trash, and it turns out that it was inspired by one. I'm having a giggle fit.

wow just wow! 

1 hour ago, Johanna said:

Like the old saying " Someone's trash is another's treasure."

kgg

Why does this remind me of the pet rock?  I guess I’m dating myself 

I am completely dumbfounded. I shudder to think someone will actually buy it.

nevr mine

Edited by Bert03241

Some folk will buy it

KNC Syndrome

Anyone remember the leather American style lunch bag a few years ago? Based on the standard paper lunch bag as used by 90% of US moms to put kiddies lunches in but made in leather for executives. That was selling in the $150 - $500 range

7 hours ago, fredk said:

Some folk will buy it

KNC Syndrome

Anyone remember the leather American style lunch bag a few years ago? Based on the standard paper lunch bag as used by 90% of US moms to put kiddies lunches in but made in leather for executives. That was selling in the $150 - $500 range

So I've been listening to a lot of financial podcasts and marketing podcasts recently and its discussed the term "value".

And what's interesting is that "value" is a personal opinion. Value can be anything from a status symbol, to a good price/performance, to comfort/accessibility. Value is truly internal.

So people will buy it because they "value" it in some way or another, IMO its likely to be because of a status symbol. But its the same reason people buy BMWs, Mercedes and other luxury brands when we factually know that Toyota has a better price to performance or cost of ownership in commuter market. 

I have personally found that most leatherworkers don't value higher priced leather products from makers like Gucci, Prada, or LV, we know what goes into it. Its the same reason that every mechanic I've ever worked with (when I worked as a mechanic) drives a beater. All about value. 

Looks like someone took some stoopid pills .

9 hours ago, fredk said:

KNC Syndrome

more like 'NFI Syndrome'....' No F*cking Idea '  syndrome .

I bet they could sell sh*t to a horse !  O'h well, now they have somewhere to put those ' trashy' outfits .  :yes: 

HS