Stewart

Sunflower Redo

And there you go!!!  Not seald so I still can make  tame  the

background and not make it look like islands in a sea but a garden

DSCF5028.JPG

i like this one too. how big is this one it looks tiny.

On 8/6/2022 at 6:48 AM, chuck123wapati said:

i like this one too. how big is this one it looks tiny.

4 inch x 6 inch Redone and no better

DSCF5029.JPG

Patience my friend. I lost a very good friend the first of the year, and it took me some time before I could fully get my head back into my projects. It is not something that can be forced. It will come in it's time.

Stewart,

I'm looking at the re-do, thinking about colors. You were saying you wanted it to look more like a garden in the background, not like little Islands. Okay, so I think you need some brighter colors on the sunflowers to make them pop. Maybe some lemon yellow and some more white mixed into the lighter hues. Then for the darks, like the maroon and browns in the sunflowers, go darker. This would enhance the highlight and shadows, or the contrasting colors of the sunflowers to bring them forward more.

As far as the background goes, look through some photos of gardens to see what you can incorporate into the background. Maybe some leafy things? Study the differences you see in the foreground and backgrounds of the photos you find. Maybe add some little flowers here and there?

These are just some suggestions that will hopefully help. I do love the scene, it is charming. Keep going! Loving your work here!

Stewart, here's another idea... You mentioned the background looks like little islands... So how about just going with that and turn those island looking things into rocks? Maybe some various shades of gray, then add some little sprigs of wild flowers growing around the rocks? I've seen lots of scenes like this out in the wilderness while driving along the roads in Montana. You might see straw hat flowers and rocks, and some pops of other colors. Again, just an idea to hopefully inspire you. Look up wild flowers of Montana, or whatever area you choose.

Edited by suzelle

13 hours ago, tsunkasapa said:

Patience my friend. I lost a very good friend the first of the year, and it took me some time before I could fully get my head back into my projects. It is not something that can be forced. It will come in it's time.

Thanks.  Thats the way it going.

50 minutes ago, suzelle said:

Stewart, here's another idea... You mentioned the background looks like little islands... So how about just going with that and turn those island looking things into rocks? Maybe some various shades of gray, then add some little sprigs of wild flowers growing around the rocks? I've seen lots of scenes like this out in the wilderness while driving along the roads in Montana. You might see straw hat flowers and rocks, and some pops of other colors. Again, just an idea to hopefully inspire you. Look up wild flowers of Montana, or whatever area you choose.

A good idea,i did not think of the rock thing.Not sealed yet and i do love chasing colors.

44 minutes ago, Stewart said:

A good idea,i did not think of the rock thing.Not sealed yet and i do love chasing colors.

Oh good, just an idea. I love chasing colors too!Sometimes I get it right on the first try. But sometimes there is a masterpiece when you take it even further, past the point where you think you have ruined it! LOL.That is the fun of it. I love your work.