Sign in to follow this  
TomE

Triple Stitched Halter

I've added a wedge-shaped welt to the turns next to rings, in order to ease the transition in thickness so I can machine sew tight to the hardware.  I used to finish these stitch lines by hand sewing because my machine couldn't navigate the sudden change in thickness.  Big time saver on a triple stitched halter.

IMG_6172.thumb.jpg.3a0e31c6a3437ef739ee93438172e4e7.jpg

DSC_8571-small.thumb.jpg.5797ea1bc4caaebf28cb6807ed11ce23.jpg

DSC_8612-small.thumb.jpg.522bd7b4cecf58e93dd0d11277af2883.jpg

Beautiful!

Really nice work. 

And a beautiful horse too.

Are you able to sew the round throat latch on a machine too?

1 hour ago, Parrytack said:

Beautiful!

Thank you!

19 minutes ago, Mulesaw said:

Really nice work. 

And a beautiful horse too.

Are you able to sew the round throat latch on a machine too?

Thanks, @Mulesaw.  I do sew the round on a machine. I posted a summary on another forum here https://www.leathercraftmasterclass.com/forum-1/leathercraft-techniques/rolled-leather-strap. I think I have too much time on my hands. :)

37 minutes ago, TomE said:

Thank you!

Thanks, @Mulesaw.  I do sew the round on a machine. I posted a summary on another forum here https://www.leathercraftmasterclass.com/forum-1/leathercraft-techniques/rolled-leather-strap. I think I have too much time on my hands. :)

I just checked the tutorial, it is great! 
I think I have to make a round throat latch when I get home. The idea about tacking a piece of leather underneath the exposed filler strip was the information I should have had last time I did a rolled strap. 

Gustav just participated in the VM in Herning last week, in the "Krafft Amateurs medium tour".  Herning is just 55 miles away from us, and he had just gotten his international FEI license and the international passport for the horse.  In the 3 rounds of the jumping tour he came 1st, 2nd and 6th, so it is fair to say that it was a success :-)
Darn I would have loved to be there and seen all the action.

14 minutes ago, Mulesaw said:

Gustav just participated in the VM in Herning last week, in the "Krafft Amateurs medium tour".  Herning is just 55 miles away from us, and he had just gotten his international FEI license and the international passport for the horse.  In the 3 rounds of the jumping tour he came 1st, 2nd and 6th, so it is fair to say that it was a success :-)
Darn I would have loved to be there and seen all the action.

Wow!  That's an amazing result.  Congratulations to him.  Hope you can see video of the rounds.  What is the horse's name?

52 minutes ago, TomE said:

Wow!  That's an amazing result.  Congratulations to him.  Hope you can see video of the rounds.  What is the horse's name?

Thanks, I think I am just as proud as he is :-)

The horse's name is Cajou

https://www.longinestiming.com/equestrian/2022/ecco-fei-world-championships-herning/resultlist_S212.html

Here's a link for the results of the 1st round of the medium tour, the one where he finished 1st :-)

The lady from the stable where we bought Cajou, has been really helpful to Gustav and she has also invited him to come to an International competition with her, she has a horse truck, so Gustav can get Cajou transported at the same time.  

Beautiful, both the halter and the horse.