Sign in to follow this  
JustWakinUp

guitar strap

Anyone have any patterns? I would love to make a strap soon and this one looks great. I have the shearling just need a pattern to cut the leather for the strap. If you're not familiar with this strap take a look at the image below.

STAM123.jpg

That looks like a pretty straight forward style strap. Altho i like the look or western buckles on guitars straps i dont like what they do to a guitar.

mmm... - I am with you, i would NOT reccommend putting big old honking metal buckles,

no matter how nice, that close to an instrument.

I try an keep the guitar and bass straps

i make as hardware free as I can manage...and when i use hardware,

it is not a threat in any way to the instruments finish

JWU,

I did have a two piece pattern I'd made for those style but it been several years since I've used it and it seems to have been misplaced. It was two piece because I'd alter the main body length depending on the min-max length.

The billet end of the one in the picture appears to have four holes and the tail end with the buckle has three keyhole slots in it for more adjustment in an attempt to make it a one size fits all or allowing for a quick change to from standing to sitting.

That appears to be at least a four inch wide strap tapering to three quarter inch for the belt part.

If a person had a guitar in the bottom keyhole wearing it the way it's set up in the picture that buckle would be in the middle of the back. That's the main reason I try and shy away from the one size fits all styles as much as possible.

Mike

JWU

Tried to send you a PM with attachment. Received an error message that said could not send, recipients mail box is full. Will try again later.

Mike