doubleh

Mostly a gripe

No wonder the USPS keeps losing money. I ordered a bottle of resolene from Amazon to be shipped by USPS last week. Tracking shows in was in my local office last Thursday at 6 AM. All they had to was put in my box. Instead they sent it to El Paso, TX, 238 miles west, southwest of here. Now it is in Midland, TX, 130 miles southeast of here on Saturday. I am curious to know it's next destination and not holding my breath hoping it is here. 

Trying to figure it out will only make you crazy.

The issues with the USPS finances are primarily due to the requirement to set aside funds for all employees retirement obligations in advance. I know that's not a perfect explanation but no other organization public or private has that requirement except USPS.

Corporate employers are free to screw retiree's at will. I know that from personal experience to the tune of a cool million dollars. Verizon shafted plenty of people that way. Can't complain too much though, some people just got flat stiffed by companies.

1 hour ago, doubleh said:

No wonder the USPS keeps losing money. I ordered a bottle of resolene from Amazon to be shipped by USPS last week. Tracking shows in was in my local office last Thursday at 6 AM. All they had to was put in my box. Instead they sent it to El Paso, TX, 238 miles west, southwest of here. Now it is in Midland, TX, 130 miles southeast of here on Saturday. I am curious to know it's next destination and not holding my breath hoping it is here. 

i feel your pain friend fedex does that to me all the time. goes right thru town on I 80 to salt lake then back again to Casper then back here. friggin nuts!!!

1 minute ago, chuck123wapati said:

i feel your pain friend fedex does that to me all the time. goes right thru town on I 80 to salt lake then back again to Casper then back here. friggin nuts!!!

usps sucks!!!!  if i mail a letter to an address across my 8000 population town it goes 120 miles to Cheyenne and then back. ten year ago they sorted in town now its all done in Cheyenne

48 minutes ago, chuck123wapati said:

usps sucks!!!!  if i mail a letter to an address across my 8000 population town it goes 120 miles to Cheyenne and then back. ten year ago they sorted in town now its all done in Cheyenne

If I mail a card to my friend in Seattle, it leaves here and goes to Yakima, 40 miles south. Then it comes back here on its way to Spokane, 188 miles east of here. THEN it right back through here on its way to Seattle, 115 miles west of here. And that was the result of their "Efficiency Update". 

39 minutes ago, tsunkasapa said:

If I mail a card to my friend in Seattle, it leaves here and goes to Yakima, 40 miles south. Then it comes back here on its way to Spokane, 188 miles east of here. THEN it right back through here on its way to Seattle, 115 miles west of here. And that was the result of their "Efficiency Update".

The sorting station in Pasco was closed , in a cost saving measure.  I live in Richland, WA.  Pasco is a 5 minute drive from my home.  The nearest USPS sorting center is in Spokane.  Now if I send something from Richland to one of the Tri-cities (Richland, Pasco, or Kennewick--no more than 20 minute drive from me) first it goes to Spokane (a 2 hour drive from here), then back to the Tri-Cities.  Efficient, no, cost savings only in personal, increase in transportation.

Sounds much like our postal system in Australia, items can travel half-way around the country just to go next door!:rolleyes2: