Chux

Vertical bifold wallet

I finished this up today and for once I think itd not too half bad. I've tried a couple of wallets in the past and *phew* they never came out very good. I came across a short YouTube video of somebody making a similar wallet so I decided to try this kind. I can never make a decent bifold to save my life.  I made my own pattern, this is the second version, the first one i made the card slots were WAY too wide so i readjusted and this is what i came up with.

Thoughts? Comments? 

20220820_125926.jpg

20220820_130118.jpg

20220820_125959.jpg

Just now, tsunkasapa said:

Very nice!

Thank you!

Looks like it came out decent.  I'd probably try to skive that roll on the pockets a bit more, but that's pretty picky imo.

YinTx

2 minutes ago, YinTx said:

Looks like it came out decent.  I'd probably try to skive that roll on the pockets a bit more, but that's pretty picky imo.

YinTx

Thanks, I agree, I just really really suck at skiving and probably ruined enough leather to make three or four more of these just getting those 12 completed 

5 minutes ago, dikman said:

Looks pretty damn good to me!:specool:

Thank you

I'm an instant fan, Looks great !

14 minutes ago, Wild Bill46 said:

I'm an instant fan, Looks great !

Thank you 

I'm not as good as I would like to be at wallets . . . so I bought one almost exactly like that.

But yours is seriously better looking.  Good job.

May God bless,

Dwight

1 hour ago, Dwight said:

I'm not as good as I would like to be at wallets . . . so I bought one almost exactly like that.

But yours is seriously better looking.  Good job.

May God bless,

Dwight

Thank you so much!! I am absolutely terrible at wallets,lol, so needless to say I don't make them. That being said, telling someone I don't make wallets because I suck at it, when they ask for wallets doesn't bode well when trying to keep a roof over my head doing leather work....so I'm trying to make some that I'm not completely embarrassed by.

Thank you again

Well done!  I'd carry that with pride!

Thank you!

Hey, practice makes scrap projects...and eventually perfect! ;-)
That's a really nice job -- it must have been a big relief to get it right with that fancy black leather. 

1 hour ago, DJole said:

Hey, practice makes scrap projects...and eventually perfect! ;-)
That's a really nice job -- it must have been a big relief to get it right with that fancy black leather. 

Trust me, I have way more "scrap projects" than I'm willing to admit to having. I'm not worried about "perfect" per se, I just don't want to put inferior projects out into the world lol. Wanna know a secret?? That is just some embossed leather that I picked up on the cheap and dyed it black so it looked fancy :P

Edited by Chux

Very nice indeed, Chux. I would Love to know how to make a good bifold but due to internet connection speed and unavailability at work to view YOUTUBE, I just rely on designs and descriptions to make my stuff. If you have any good design pictures or websites with designs feel free to share with me. I’d be proud to make something like you did and show it off. 

30 minutes ago, Jaxx1024 said:

Very nice indeed, Chux. I would Love to know how to make a good bifold but due to internet connection speed and unavailability at work to view YOUTUBE, I just rely on designs and descriptions to make my stuff. If you have any good design pictures or websites with designs feel free to share with me. I’d be proud to make something like you did and show it off. 

Thanks Jaxx! I really wish I was able to help you out with a better answer than I pretty much just wing it as I go along. Probably not the answer you were looking for but that's pretty much how I've done everything I've posted here. I usually see pictures on the web myself, or get an idea in my head and even if I try making patterns it usually turns into what I've come to call "snip and stich"...:whistle:

Thank you Chux. I will be searching for patterns.