crazytailorlady

First ever knife sheath

Hey guys,

I've been working hard on this the last few days and pretty satisfied with how it looks. I've never made a knife sheath before, this one is for a foldable knife (sorry for no pics) that I bought for my sister's upcoming 16th birthday and I wanted to make her a sheath to compliment it. Thick vegtan leather was light brown but I used homemade vinegaroon to blacken it. Stamped by homemade stamps, a little rough but hey a girl must start somewhere lol. I could have done this simpler but I wanted to go all out, it being for a special occasion and all.

Edit: idk what went wrong with image upload

image%3A8858

Edited by crazytailorlady

312519804_IMG_20220821_103711-min(1).thumb.jpg.935af1f2d567add0e9c797850fc8923c.jpg

Figured it out, here are the photos included.

My helper and quality control

This is my helper and quality control. She spends the work hours perched on my shoulder and occasionaly plays with thread.

1661087140502.jpg.30254535f3bbc4c7dff1cf646a9da47a.jpg1661087141235.jpg.d399095c2c906228e51303d47aaa5bab.jpg

1661078498485.jpg

i think for your first one  its outstanding, especially considering you had to make the tools and roon also .

4 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

i think for your first one  its outstanding, especially considering you had to make the tools and roon also .

Thank you! I'm glad to hear that.

looks pretty good any pics with knife in it
:yes:

2 hours ago, Bert03241 said:

looks pretty good any pics with knife in it
:yes:

Thanks and sadly no, I didn't take any

I like it.  Anybody can buy the same old boring tools and dyes that everybody else has and turn out more of the same old stuff.  This took thought and creativity.  Lucky sister you have!

I think you did great. I have a lot of tools now, but started much the same way. As you advance you will learn now to make things work for you and you will acquire tools as you go. I have been doing this for a few years now and still couldn't pass up the chance to do 2 knife sheathes in exchange for about 30 vintage stamping tools. Ma y are beyond repair,  but some are very cool. Keep it up!

I agree with the others- you took the leap and worked through to completion. Good job!
 Kudos for the groon…haven’t yet tried that myself.

Keep going… you’ll surprise yourself with how quickly your work will improve, as you have fun along the way. 

Thanks for all the encouragment. It is very inspiring for further work, appreciate it lots.