texasleathertools

Some triweave inspired stamps I made. Thoughts?

464660889_triweavesmall-min.thumb.png.46a922047b0cd2104a2e71fb29e92c62.png

Hey y'all. My name is Pierre and I make leather stamps on TexasLeatherTools.etsy.com.  People kept suggesting western inspired stamps, so I made this set of triweave based stamps. Thinking of making either rope or floral based stamps next. 

Edited by texasleathertools

Got any pics?

The stamps don't seem to index with each other, so you end up with inconsistent spacing that results in disruptions in the pattern. Good starting point, they just need some refinement. I hope you stick with it, you show promise of great things to come.

1 hour ago, Leescustomleather said:

The stamps don't seem to index with each other, so you end up with inconsistent spacing that results in disruptions in the pattern. Good starting point, they just need some refinement. I hope you stick with it, you show promise of great things to come.

i agree they need some refining. They look to perfect or computer generated to me maybe its the flat edges lol. 

Do you or can you do logos? I'm interested in one. 

Can you do the internal lines on the 'Lined' and 'Spiral' deeper? I do my stamping on un-dyed leather. After dyeing et cetera and the leather has dried I find that shallow lines have either disappeared or lost definition

6 hours ago, Leescustomleather said:

Thanks for the feedback, I'll see what I can do to fix that. 

4 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

i agree they need some refining. They look to perfect or computer generated to me maybe its the flat edges lol. 

Do you or can you do logos? I'm interested in one. 

I do custom, just shipped a maker stamp for someone off this site actually.

2 hours ago, fredk said:

Can you do the internal lines on the 'Lined' and 'Spiral' deeper? I do my stamping on un-dyed leather. After dyeing et cetera and the leather has dried I find that shallow lines have either disappeared or lost definition

Yes I can! The spiral is already pretty deep, it just doesn't show in the picture. But I'll work on making the lined deeper. 

I received a tool I ordered from @texasleathertools  -  first impressions (LOL), nice quality... could use a slightly thicker shaft in my opinion. Came with a neato-o hard plastic stamp cover/protector I will not be using.

One thing that drove me a bit nuts was the largish square brass billet left as a remaining part of the head after the cnc action. I found it was really blocking my ability to see what I was doing for accurate stamp placement. 

Few minutes with a grinder solved that. But other than that tool supplier checks out for me.

IMG_20220831_105145.jpg

IMG_20220831_105902.jpg

I've been thinking that the maker could save themselves a lot of money by using far less brass. On stamps I get made in brass the image part is about 3mm deep and the backing block is about 5mm = less than 3/8 inch (or about 5/16 inch)