Hi,

Starting to look for machines to do leather bags and probably redo seats for my husband's 1980 911.

I'm currently looking at a sewmo ck-563. I'm getting that this is some kind of juki clone, but not finding much literally with that brand.

I'm a few hours away from the seller, he's asking $405 and has sent video of it sewing a piece of leather. 

I'm reading that this one should reverse? Is this something that would work for the applications that I'm looking for? Is that a good ballpark price or should I see if he has wiggle room?

Anything else I should look for? I'm experienced, but with more domestic sewing...bags, quilting, and I do small scale production sewing for an Etsy seller - keyfobs on janome 1600p. I'm assuming that's going to struggle with auto upholstery, it does ok on bags but not having a free arm gets tricky and eventually struggles a teeny bit with too many layers.

Thanks, excited to have found this group!

Looks like it would be a decent, medium capacity, Taiwan made walking foot - Modeled on Singer 111, but updated w. reverse and large bobbin.  Interesting - It supposedly has an automatic oiler - I guess maybe the oil cup on the top of the arm gravity feeds the hook.

If it's in good shape, it will do just fine for upholstery. If it comes with a clutch motor, and you're not used to that, there's quite a learning curve.  Whether the price is good, depends on the condition.

At the very least, you'll probably want to put a 45mm pulley on the clutch motor to slow it down, or better yet, change it out for a servo motor. Since you don't have a photo, here's the factory info :

http://www.chikon.com.tw/ck-563.htm

Edited by trash treasure

Looks like a Juki 563 clone. Juki 563 are super reliable workhorse machines and have a super large bobbin / hook. Cannot speak for CHIKON but it at least is made in Taiwan as it seems. We have not seen pictures of your machine so we cannot judge it. Picture often tell more than words.