Gezzer

Wife says I am a redneck .....

and she may be right:lol:  Got bored this morning and just had to do something . 

IMG_1508.JPG

IMG_1505.JPG

Looks better on the black

IMG_1510.JPG

band looks good nice workdid you make the hats too

Edited by Bert03241

I don't know it looks pretty good on both! :guitar:

1 hour ago, Bert03241 said:

band looks good nice workdid you make the hats too

No Sir, way past my skill set . Tan summer hat is a cheap Stetson and the black winter hat is feed store hat , I don't even know who made it . Thanks

36 minutes ago, rleather said:

I don't know it looks pretty good on both! :guitar:

Thank you !

At least it's not crocodile teeth! Looks good!

29 minutes ago, Hags said:

At least it's not crocodile teeth! Looks good!

:lol: We don't have any crocks around here buuuuuuuuuuuuut we do have possums ... hummmmm

Thanks

1 hour ago, dikman said:

:lol::lol::lol: Yep, definitely a redneck!

Wife says Thank you:P

1 hour ago, Resurgam3191 said:

Looks cool and functional but...

Maybe fangs from a were-possum :)

Thanks , everybody knows ware-possums ONLY live in Ark. mostly down on the White River Refuge with the Ivory Bill's:thumbsup:

5 hours ago, fredk said:

LOL ! Those would may quite a unique hat band or pretty much anything else !!   I can't wait to see :thumbsup:

yup redneck for sure and a talented one at that.

Like it.

kgg

2 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

yup redneck for sure and a talented one at that.

Thank you !

2 hours ago, kgg said:

Like it.

kgg

Thank you !

I don't why it never dawned on me to make a strap with a button on it so it could be moved from hat to hat...

The work looks good but I have to ask about weight. Does adding the weight of the bullets make the hat start riding lower? Or worse maybe, start pressing into your forehead if the strap is acting like a belt and keeping the hat at proper ride height. Those'd be show stoppers for me.

2 minutes ago, battlemunky said:

I don't why it never dawned on me to make a strap with a button on it so it could be moved from hat to hat...

The work looks good but I have to ask about weight. Does adding the weight of the bullets make the hat start riding lower? Or worse maybe, start pressing into your forehead if the strap is acting like a belt and keeping the hat at proper ride height. Those'd be show stoppers for me.

Some good questions . I notice no  feel of added weight with the felt hats ( I tried it on 3 I have ) but there is a small difference  with the open weave hats . It is not enough to bother me I don't think but time will tell for sure .  It doesn't seem to lower the ride height on mine  but  others might wear different  . All the hat bands I have made either are snap or  blood knot (suede )connected .

I have hat bands made for .45s, .357 mag/38 special, 22s and 12 gauge shells. To bust up the weight I use things like sharks teeth,  Decorative stone, and an occasional film canister but the finger is a nice touch (would send a nice message to daughter’s boyfriends) there is a company that charges a premium price for ammo holders that fits thin belts or hat bands

Edited by Doc Reaper

2 hours ago, Doc Reaper said:

I have hat bands made for .45s, .357 mag/38 special, 22s and 12 gauge shells. To bust up the weight I use things like sharks teeth,  Decorative stone, and an occasional film canister but the finger is a nice touch (would send a nice message to daughter’s boyfriends) there is a company that charges a premium price for ammo holders that fits thin belts or hat bands

Probably looks better too with something to space cartridges out with something in between . I may have to give that a try , and the " fingers " would send a message for sure !  LOL !

I've ordered a set of the Fingers. They should be with me about the middle of next week but we are having postal worker strikes here right now and that's causing delivery delays

20 hours ago, Gezzer said:

Wife says Thank you:P

Thanks , everybody knows ware-possums ONLY live in Ark. mostly down on the White River Refuge with the Ivory Bill's:thumbsup:

From one redneck to another, how about some nutria teeth? 

image.thumb.jpeg.d55d86e3bb0f1cb9e296e868870f4a83.jpeg

1 hour ago, Tequila said:

LOL !!!  Nutria rat teeth would work just fine :specool:

Edited by Gezzer

I might do one with bear claws or teeth...

It IS Oklahoma....

Good work on yours.  Funny thing, I spent the last week getting my press ready to load.  Haven't needed to load anything since the move from VA, loaded a lot before we started packing, but bought the wife a new EDC and of course it's a caliber I didn't have practice ammo loaded for.  Plenty of factory duty... Ah, carry ammo, only fifty rounds of practice loaded.

8 hours ago, Tequila said:

I never heard that name. Looked it up and found that its a Coypu, as known here. It became an 'invasion' species here but afaik the small colony here has been wiped out