Stone14

Laser engraver

Anyobe use these? Im interested in the xtool d1 20w or the laser pecker which I think is 5w. 

I'm wondering if theblaser pecker is all you need to engrave leather?

The xtool d1 20w is very appealing and can be used with other materials. This could allow me to have a broader range of items handmade. But, looking for advice and experience from users.

I've also looked into co2 lasers, the k40 being very popular but thats more of a project build qith needing addons/ upgrades and so on, as well as having a smaller work area compared to the 2 diode laser machines above.

Tia.

I use a 2.5 watt Elksmaker to do engraving on leather and it works fine. I believe the 2.5 watt can attain the narrowest point and is therefore better for fine line work. I also use it a lot for cutting or marking my cardboard patterns and templates. Cuts in to black acrylic for making the odd stamp pretty well and I use it a lot for cutting out my cardboard product boxes. I did though rebuild it so I could do poster size work and enclosed it for better safety and fume extraction. This post I did a fair while ago shows a little bit about what I did to improve it -

I do also use it a fair bit for cutting out fabrics as well for the one off prototypes and such. It is one of the things that I found very useful in quite a bit of my manufacturing.