Straycat62

Hi from Indiana

Just wanted to stop by and do a quick introduction. Very beginner leather worker. Taking a basic shoe making class in next month in Chicago. Learning lots of basics as I go. Learned how to saddle stitch last week. Scored an older, used Sailrite LS1 Ultrafeed last week too. It was super dry and guide rods not working right from lack of oil/vanish/dried oil in guide holes. Lubed and it working ok now. Haven't made anything with it yet. 

Really excited to be part of this community. Thank you in advance to everyone who has taking the time to share all the information listed here. It's really great.

Welcome to the forum, and welcome to leather craft!

Welcome. Hope you enjoy these forums as much as I do. The expertise shared here has put my crafting on solid footing.  Can you post information about the shoe making class?  Look forward to seeing your progress.

Welcome, which part of Central IN?

Good to have you here!

Welcome to Leatherworker.net !

Welcome !!!  I haven't been here long myself but these folks have helped me  and treated like an old friend . ( except for borrowing money  ;) )

On 9/2/2022 at 9:48 AM, Scoutmom103 said:

Welcome, which part of Central IN?

Howdy Scoutmom103. I'm in Indianapolis

Thank you everyone. I cannot believe all the information here. I am finding some information almost everyday. What a resource. Thank you for everyone's effort and input, It does not go un-noticed. I can't weait until I have something to give back to the community. 

On 9/2/2022 at 7:27 AM, TomE said:

Welcome. Hope you enjoy these forums as much as I do. The expertise shared here has put my crafting on solid footing.  Can you post information about the shoe making class?  Look forward to seeing your progress.

Hey TomE. I went to a 2 day basic shoemaking shoe at the Chicago School of Shoemaking and Leatherwork. It was a great experience. We made a basic stitchdown Desert Boot to patterns of our own feet. It was fun. Used Industrial sewing machines for first time. The shoes are actually pretty comfortable. 

I went back and took a 3 day Leather Intensive (Boot Camp) a couple weeks later. It was skills based vs end product oriented. 

On 9/2/2022 at 7:27 AM, TomE said:

Maybe I should write a review if one hasn't been done yet for those classes. I really took away a lot. 

Edited by Straycat62