Gezzer

Ya'll have a good laugh

on me .  I can not figure out the @so&so thing , if I could I wouldn't have to take up so much space quoting to direct my responses :unsure:

Help an old computer challenged man out Please !

I'm also learning. What function using "@so&so" are you trying to accomplish? 

Is it restating previous text in a box to reply to?

-JOE

Edited by AlamoJoe2002

No guys.

If you write @Northmount, or any other person's name he should get a notification that he has been mentioned in a thread and his presence is required

It doesn't work for me either. Not on here nor on other forums which use it

Some will depend on your computer/browser setup setting under pop-ups, ad blockers, etc.  If you have specified a DNS to limit unsafe websites, it could be blocking this operation, but I doubt that is the problem.

When you start typing the @ symbol followed by a user's screen name (no spaces), a pop-up box should appear with possibly several names in it.  As you home in on the full name, you should see the user's name appear in the pop-up.  Click on it and it will be inserted in the message area.  Then type your message/comment and the user should receive a notification email.

@AlamoJoe2002 Thank you ! This highlighted  thing was what I could not do .

@fredk Thank you !

@Northmount  Thank you !!!  You Sir are a computer GENIUS in my eyes !!!!!   

9 minutes ago, Gezzer said:

You Sir are a computer GENIUS in my eyes

Thank you!  I have been working with computerized systems since 1966, so have gathered a little knowledge.  But, I'm doing less with computers, and rely on my kids to sort out the complicated stuff I've fallen behind on.  I'm willing to try things, as if it doesn't work, I can usually get back to where I was before I tried it.  Installed some new CCTV monitoring software one day.  MS Word and other software stopped working.  Had to go back to a restore point to be able to fully remove the software.  Installed an older version and it worked.  So I do have problems with how things are supposed to work.  Have removed software because it doesn't work or is too complicated, or doesn't perform as advertised.  This computer is till running window 7.  Need to upgrade, but some of my software doesn't run on Win !0 and I don't want to buy it again!