photo2u

consew 206rb-1 cleaning and needle bar repair

Hello friends,

I just got a very greasy Consew 206rb-1. This will be my pride and joy machine.  I am hoping this machine will clean up well.  My plans are to remove the old dry oil in the main parts.  I welcome any tips to remove old oil puddles.  Additionally, the machine needs a needle bar. According to the Consew Manual, part # is 10530 for the needle bar.  In my search for the needle bar, I came across part # 19413.  Is the #19413 bar, the same as the 10530 bar? I was thinking the #19413 contains the additional NEEDLE BAR THREAD GUIDE & NEEDLE & GUIDE SCREW?

I would love to buy OEM parts, however, do you recommend a particular brand or seller?

Likewise, I welcome any input to accomplish my goal of bringing this fine machine back to health.

2ce7505716304d08b493a885c8f21747.jpg

573e6c8cfed94d66a3d4f91c5751539f.jpg

Edited by photo2u

looks like you are in Cali. bought my machine from these guys:

https://zamirsew.net/products/

Consew dealer.

Use Greased Lighting and sewing oil to clean up the machine.   Call Consew direct and sew what the prices are for the part.  The needle bar part is  indeed #10530. see if they changed it.

glenn

4 hours ago, 1hp said:

looks like you are in Cali. bought my machine from these guys:

https://zamirsew.net/products/

Consew dealer.

Thanks.  I have contacted them.  They were not able to help.

4 hours ago, shoepatcher said:

Use Greased Lighting and sewing oil to clean up the machine.   Call Consew direct and sew what the prices are for the part.  The needle bar part is  indeed #10530. see if they changed it.

glenn

Thanks!  I will give greased lighting a try.  Consew is great.  I was thinking the same.  However,  I was hoping to find an aftermarket product that works as well as OEM.

I would call Consew and see what a genuine needle bar #10530 bar cost.  Then I would call Henderson Sewing in Alabama.  They showed a generic one in that catalogue.  Price and availability will determine whee you get it.  Also, check your bobbin supply and if you need any, order them as well.

glenn 

5 hours ago, shoepatcher said:

I would call Consew and see what a genuine needle bar #10530 bar cost.  Then I would call Henderson Sewing in Alabama.  They showed a generic one in that catalogue.  Price and availability will determine whee you get it.  Also, check your bobbin supply and if you need any, order them as well.

glenn 

Thank you.  I will contact them now. 

Contacted Consew New York and California.  NY told me to contact California.  California gave me a location in Bell.  The person in Bell had little information on the particular part.  Still checking.

bell who?

12 hours ago, photo2u said:

Contacted Consew New York and California.  NY told me to contact California.  California gave me a location in Bell.  The person in Bell had little information on the particular part.  Still checking.

We are also a Consew dealer & have this needlebar in stock in either generic or OEM.We sell more generics than OEM the only difference is the needle set screw are different tpi than OEM there is a $14.00 difference in price.

14 hours ago, CowboyBob said:

We are also a Consew dealer & have this needlebar in stock in either generic or OEM.We sell more generics than OEM the only difference is the needle set screw are different tpi than OEM there is a $14.00 difference in price.

Will contact you tomorrow! Thanks for the info.

23 hours ago, shoepatcher said:

bell who?

Do not understand you...