Bert03241

NDSU Bison Sheath

Made this for a guy who says he's a super fan of Bison Football.

Man I need new glasses LOL . Sheath looked fine when I looked it over when done, But now I see the pictures in extra lrg and I see I could have done better burnishing the edges and I missed cleaning a little edge kote drool.But outside that I think its ok

Bison Sheath 1.jpg

Bison Sheath 3.jpg

Buffalo Sheath 2.jpg

That looks good even if I am not a football fan .  What is the trapper ?,     I can't make it out .

Nice Bison

1 hour ago, Gezzer said:

That looks good even if I am not a football fan .  What is the trapper ?,     I can't make it out .

Just a cheap Steel Warrior I picked up to use for making sheaths for that type and size of knife.

Generally snap installation instructions show the female part of the snap going with the cap so the back of it can sit down inside the cap.  The male part of the snap and its corresponding rivet both have flat faces that mate.  It doesn't really make a difference on how the snap works but I've found that if I install the cap with the female part it makes the flap fit tighter to the body minimizing the "snap gap"  which I personally prefer.

2 hours ago, Bert03241 said:

Just a cheap Steel Warrior I picked up to use for making sheaths for that type and size of knife.

Got ya , thanks .  

2 hours ago, sbrownn said:

Generally snap installation instructions show the female part of the snap going with the cap so the back of it can sit down inside the cap.  The male part of the snap and its corresponding rivet both have flat faces that mate.  It doesn't really make a difference on how the snap works but I've found that if I install the cap with the female part it makes the flap fit tighter to the body minimizing the "snap gap"  which I personally prefer.

I'll try to remember to do it that way:yes: I've never really seen instruction as to what side to go to only how to set them

Edited by Bert03241

Very nice. I’m working on knife sheaths right now and definitely noticed some flaws after uploading the pictures! One thing I ALWAYS have trouble with, however, is hammering the snaps into place. It will take me some time and plenty more snaps to make mine turn out as good as yours did. :rockon: