AbelJojua

Singer Post Bed Identification?

Hi guys, looking to purchase this post bed. Unfortunately the model plate has long faded away. What model is this? And is parts readily available? It has two spool threads so possible twin needle?
Buyers wants €500 for everything, including spare needles bobbins ect

OR 

a singer 29k171/172 long arm patcher blue machine (no photos yet) and no treadle just machine head.

I have a spare table with servo motor at home. 

what do u think?imageproxy.php?img=&key=671f9b9558b9abffimageproxy.php?img=&key=671f9b9558b9abff

20CA06E4-DFF0-4A94-903C-44E999F10F65.jpeg

Edited by AbelJojua
Photo

I think so too, must be one of the smaller heads..it doesnt seem to have the bobbin winder on the side just like stock photos but a replacement winder on the table.. i wonder how hard it will be to find parts if i ever need it.

The type of bobbin winder you have usually comes with a spool holder with tension unit - like this:

grafik.png.2fb86c29031aa639e5ec209466aca1a1.png

And it is more comfortable to use compared with the simple machine mounted one that came with the machine ex factory.

Except the hook (same as large hook for 29K / Adler 30-7) and some tension parts (same as for Singer 16 / 17) you will have a hard time finding parts but these machines are so tough you barely will need any when you have it up and running. Look on Ebay. Sometimes folks rip apart machines for parts.

I once needed a new needle bar and found one from a Singer 17 that worked:

https://leatherworker.net/forum/topic/66729-singer-needle-bar-i-could-use-some-help/

So some other bits from other machines will fit for the 34K as well but you have to look them up and maybe compare parts lists but Singer 16 and 17 have certain parts in common with the 34K.

If you haven´t found a manual for the 34K please send me a PM with your email address and I will send you a PDF.

Edited by Constabulary

4 hours ago, Constabulary said:

The type of bobbin winder you have usually comes with a spool holder with tension unit - like this:

And it is more comfortable to use compared with the simple machine mounted one that came with the machine ex factory.

Except the hook (same as large hook for 29K / Adler 30-7) and some tension parts (same as for Singer 16 / 17) you will have a hard time finding parts but these machines are so tough you barely will need any when you have it up and running. Look on Ebay. Sometimes folks rip apart machines for parts.

https://leatherworker.net/forum/topic/66729-singer-needle-bar-i-could-use-some-help/

So some other bits from other machines will fit for the 34K as well but you have to look them up and maybe compare parts lists but Singer 16 and 17 have certain parts in common with the 34K.

If you haven´t found a manual for the 34K please send me a PM with your email address and I will send you a PDF.

Do u know which bobbins fit ? And price estimate?  Many thanks! I’ll sed a pm for the PDF please thank you. I went and test it out yesterday, it produced really nice stitches and moved so well and easily.. I am very happy with it. I think I will purchase. He said he wants €500 

6 hours ago, Constabulary said:

I may also need a throat plate and feed dogs, do u know where I can get these parts?

Like so many older Singers they are well-built but certain models have specialized parts that will be almost impossible to find like the feed dog & needle plate for this one,you could get the hole welded & redrill it.Or take it to a machine shop & have a new one made.The feed dog in the picture looks like it's still in good shape though.

5 minutes ago, CowboyBob said:

Like so many older Singers they are well-built but certain models have specialized parts that will be almost impossible to find like the feed dog & needle plate for this one,you could get the hole welded & redrill it.Or take it to a machine shop & have a new one made.The feed dog in the picture looks like it's still in good shape though.

Throat plate looks a bit rough