Hopefully am asking in the right place.
Slight disaster has just occurred involving my 45k21. The needle bar is now bent! (am sat on floor contemplating life choices). Does anyone know of anywhere I can buy a replacement or does anyone have a spare bar I could purchase from them. I’ve just checked ebay and can’t see anything. Many thanks any help appreciated. 

4594279E-EC58-4EF3-8DFF-5C158356B65D.jpeg

bar should be remove to determine the length and the diameter of the bar.  Consew made a copy of this machine.

glenn

I have straitened needle bars and shafts on 29-4 and 45k.  Singer steel is very ductile but strong.  Similar to 1045 steel which was used in making wheels. My favorite hammer is a flooring hammer used to hit a nailer. For a surface I would use lead, a poundo board, or even a cheap cutting board. I use my 2" pad on my clicker.

I would check with a COWBOY dealer (f.i. Toledo Sewing Machines) if a needle bar of a Cowboy CB105 / CB2500 / GA5-1 will fit. I´m almost certain that it will.

19 hours ago, Mazzy1988 said:

The needle bar is now bent!

I'm curious how it got bent?

HS

I noticed you are from the UK - maybe worth checking with College Sewing or Trojan Sewing.

BTW - I think the Singer 7 and Seiko SLH series are using the same diameter needle bar as the 45K but they are longer (better to long than too short). I would buy a matching needle holder too. But better check with College Sewing for details.

https://www.college-sewing.co.uk/35022-slh-2b-needle-bar-seiko-genuine.html

On 9/19/2022 at 6:46 AM, Handstitched said:

I'm curious how it got bent?

HS

A series of unfortunate events. I cried! 

On 9/19/2022 at 5:03 PM, Constabulary said:

I noticed you are from the UK - maybe worth checking with College Sewing or Trojan Sewing.

BTW - I think the Singer 7 and Seiko SLH series are using the same diameter needle bar as the 45K but they are longer (better to long than too short). I would buy a matching needle holder too. But better check with College Sewing for details.

https://www.college-sewing.co.uk/35022-slh-2b-needle-bar-seiko-genuine.html

Thank you for your help and advice it is appreciated

So Seiko makes a machine model SK or CK series that looks to be a 45k clones or 133k clones, but not 100% sure. It would seem that the 45k and 133k needle bars would be the same. I have a 133k18 if you can measure the needle bar diameter with a pair of calipers I can see what the 133k18 is. I imagine there is a clone somewhere that would work. 

As far as I know the 132K / 133K needle bars are too short but yes they have the same diameter. The 132k / 133k have a longer internal top bushing therefore the needle bar is shorter.

Edited by Constabulary

18.09.2022 в 13:22, Mazzy1988 сказал:

in the days of tsarist Russia, there was a Singer plant in the city of Podolsk. Years later, it was nationalized and became known as ПМЗ (Podolsky Mechanical Plant named after Kalinin). Since the Russians couldn’t come up with anything of their own, they produced the same Singers, only under the ПМЗ brand. ПМЗ-23ВМ is an exact copy of Singer 45k21/25. There are enough spare parts for these machines on the territory of the post-Soviet countries.

Edited by Moonman
Not formatted correctly