hickok55

Goat gloves too tight

I just bought some lined goat leather gloves and they are quite tight on my hands. Is there any way I can make them looser?

Neatsfoot oil may help.  Put your gloves on and pour a little neatsfoot oil into the palm and begin rubbing it in, similar to washing your hands.

Don't use nfo. Wrap your hands and fingers with a layer or two of duct tape or similar. Soak the gloves in water, really soak them. Then pull on and let them dry out on your hands. Wet moulding them. Then when they are dry take off, take off the duct tape and the gloves should be a bit looser 

4 hours ago, fredk said:

Don't use nfo. Wrap your hands and fingers with a layer or two of duct tape or similar. Soak the gloves in water, really soak them. Then pull on and let them dry out on your hands. Wet moulding them. Then when they are dry take off, take off the duct tape and the gloves should be a bit looser 

I had a thought on this; try wearing several rubber or latex gloves. That should build up the size of your hand easier and quicker

5 hours ago, fredk said:

+1

Rather than duct tape, two or three pairs of latex gloves, wet the piggie skin and then do some work with the gloves on until they are dry.  Same as the old boot break in with damp/wet boots. 

Submerge them  in warm water and saddle soap mix, heavy on the saddle soap. Put’em on. Wear ‘em around for a while. Make a fist now and then while they’re wet. Fit like a glove after that. Just my experience… 

16 hours ago, fredk said:

Isn't it NFO that one puts on a baseball glove to loosen it up and help fit the hand better?  If not, I retract the statement of using NFO.  Sorry for the confusion.  I don't like getting my leather gloves wet, as they get stiff and hard.  May be the saddle soap can prevent that.

Nfo will soften the leather and make the gloves easier to pull on but not make them stretch to a larger size which the OP wants

Just a thought ....

Would not the person you bought them from  have the information you seek ?

edit : really quick search suggest that they be worn -in  and they will loosen to fit your hand

Edited by Gezzer

9 minutes ago, Gezzer said:

Just a thought ....

Would not the person you bought them from  have the information you seek ?

edit : really quick search suggest that they be worn -in  and they will loosen to fit your hand

I think that's what i'm going to do and then if they still don't fit right i'll try the other methods

Just another thought did you try before you buy and not consider the next size up ?

2 hours ago, jcuk said:

Just another thought did you try before you buy and not consider the next size up ?

I did but my old pair fit me just right and the new one don't because there lined