CitroenLVR

Consew 205RB reverse lever sticky

Hi All,

New member here. We've got a new to us Consew 205RB. The reverse lever is sticking when pushing down and we have to push up (sticking also) to get it to disengage.  Other than this issue it sews perfectly.  

Anyone have advice on how to fix?

Thanks in Advance, Garric 

DSC_0065.JPG

3 hours ago, CitroenLVR said:

The reverse lever is sticking when pushing down and we have to push up (sticking also) to get it to disengage.

Consew Manual in pdf: www.consew.com/Files/112347/InstructionManuals/205RB-1.pdf  refer to page 23 Feed Mechanism part 11 spring return. Part 13 (reverse feed lever) maybe set too far in on part 14 (pin shaft) so to cause it to rub on the body of the machine. Also try and get some oil around the area where the pin shaft goes through the body while working the reverse lever. Can you see where it is catching / rubbing???

It is hard to tell from the manual but if it is like the Juki's there is a second hole to secure the return spring too should it not return properly / catch.

Reverse Lever Juki 1181N.JPG

kgg

Edited by kgg

Thanks Kgg,

Can't see where it's rubbing. Maybe the machine was resting on the lever when I transported it in my car.

Added some oil around the area where the pin shaft goes through the body to no avail. 

Can't see where the lever mechanism is as it is deep in the body of the machine.

My mechanic would charge me $100 to fix so I'd like to do it myself of course.

Any other advice?

40 minutes ago, CitroenLVR said:

Any other advice?

I would start by eliminated the easy stuff first. Slack off parts 16,17 and 18 and move the lever out about a1/8" and add oil to part 14 and see if that helps. If that doesn't work I would remove the bottom part of the spring from where it clips on while making sure the top part didn't let go from part 9. If it moves freely then the spring may have been over extended when you transported it on the reverse lever. If you could shine a light inside and take a photo that may help as the photo you posted really doesn't give enough detail to what things look like up around the top of the spring.

kgg

Hi Kgg,

I'll try your suggestions tomorrow. I can't get a better photo of the inside. Heck, I can't even see to the top of the spring .There's a lot of other parts in the way.

Thanks, Garric 

DSC_0061.JPG

TIlt the head back and oil all of the moving components associated with the return lever. Clean out any grime in between shafts and bearings.

Thanks Wizcrafts,

I tried that. I just found another problem that may be related? The stitch length dial will not turn lower than 3. 

Thanks All,

Garric 

Thanks kgg and Wiz,

The issue resolved itself today. I put foaming oil on all the reverse lever parts I could find yesterday. Apparently after sitting the lube had a chance to work, one day later and I'm golden.

Also the stitch length dial works if I press the reverse lever. Odd, but at least I saved the $100+ the mechanic would have charged.

I appreciate all the advice Gentlemen!

Garric