Tilda

Fortuna Skiver Eccentric Lever Not working

Hello All

I have an old Fortuna Model G Skiving machine that has been working normally for awhile.  Suddenly, after I started trying to degrease and clean some of the the screws the eccentric lever stopped engaging when I try to lift it up.  Basically not functioning properly at all.  The screw still turns, but none of it is functioning as it was or should.

My best guess is that a spring gave out.  However, I am not quite sure how to reach or even check for a spring within the arm.  I have taken out the top that holds the screw and lever components.  I can see a small plate under it.  It does not look like a washer.  

Any advice appreciated.

Also, anyone in Tucson that works on these would be great too.

If you’re talking about the drop down presser foot, yeah, you can’t leave them in the down position. I have a techsew and I can tell that’s one of the weakest links in the machine. If I’m correct about what I think you’re talking about. When not in use leave the foot up. You know there’s better springs out there. I put tape on mine to remind me to lift it when I’m done. 

thanks @garyak didn't realize that, and now can't even tell you whether I kept it up or down, cause now it's just limp.

I have included a picture.

Thanks @northmount for moving this post to the right place.  I'm still getting the lay of this platform.

eccentric lever.jpg