Gezzer

Quilting .... kind of

I need to get a  quilted center stamp ( like  296 ) but this is close to what I want for the final look .

IMG_1636.JPG

30 minutes ago, Gezzer said:

I need to get a  quilted center stamp ( like  296 ) but this is close to what I want for the final look .

IMG_1636.JPG

that looks great! all you need to add are some knife cuts around the seeder. 

diecup2.JPG

Thanks chuck !!

Your cup looks great :specool: and that is almost exactly what the 296 stamp looks like .

32 minutes ago, fredk said:

Thank you fredk ! Both are very much what I have in mind and the prices seem good as well .

I've bought at least 2 stamps, perhaps more from that chap. afair it took about 1 week to get to me in UK. All the stamps are of 1st rate quality

edit to add; I checked my records, it took 12 days. And oddly, he has not put the sizes of these stamps. On nearly all the his other stamps he has put the size, so I've messaged him asking the size of the square one

Edited by fredk

Those are Sergey's stamps.  If in the states, the are carried by SLC.  i have a mitt full, including the diamond quilt pattern.  Great quality stamps.

I got a message back from Sergey. The square stamp is 10 x 10mm

@PastorBob Yes Sir , SLC is where I found them . Is the 296 the same as your diamond quilt pattern ?

@fredk Thank you for the info and that would be about right . After I looked at shipping ..... I think II can  get it for a little less and maybe quicker through SLC .

Sergey has an advert at the top of LW pages

1 hour ago, Gezzer said:

@PastorBob Yes Sir , SLC is where I found them . Is the 296 the same as your diamond quilt pattern ?

@fredk Thank you for the info and that would be about right . After I looked at shipping ..... I think II can  get it for a little less and maybe quicker through SLC .

mine is the 362 (second ebay link above)

Does the 362 'diamond' shape look better than the 361 'square' shape? Personal preference obviously, but what do youse think?

Edit; PS, I've found larger versions of these stamps in Sergey's catalogue. They are 361B, 362B,  and 362BB

Edited by fredk

On 9/22/2022 at 8:27 AM, Gezzer said:

Thanks chuck !!

Your cup looks great :specool: and that is almost exactly what the 296 stamp looks like .

if your going to be doing a lot of quilting i would suggest the stamp or stamps,   if not its takes more time but it can easily be done without one. As seen on this thread you need two for square or diamond but by hand you can do any four or three, five cornered quilt pattern without being held to just two more exacting  shapes. 

2 hours ago, fredk said:

Does the 362 'diamond' shape look better than the 361 'square' shape? Personal preference obviously, but what do youse think?

Edit; PS, I've found larger versions of these stamps in Sergey's catalogue. They are 361B, 362B,  and 362BB

I like the diamond shape better but as you say " personal preference " . For what I am wanting 3/8 (10mm ) is plenty big enough .

1 hour ago, chuck123wapati said:

if your going to be doing a lot of quilting i would suggest the stamp or stamps,   if not its takes more time but it can easily be done without one. As seen on this thread you need two for square or diamond but by hand you can do any four or three, five cornered quilt pattern without being held to just two more exacting  shapes. 

I see your reasoning but I may have enough quilting coming to  justify getting a stamp .