bruce johnson

Gomph French Edger Set

I recently was given the opportunity to purchase the personal tools that belonged to Keith Pommer. Keith was one of my heroes and mentors on leather tools as well as being a good guy to BS with. These are the Gomph French edgers and as complete a set as I have seen or heard of. 

Keith Pommer French edger set.JPG

Oh wow, that is a fantastic set Bruce. They look like they are in very good condition, did you have to do much to them?

32 minutes ago, sparctek said:

Oh wow, that is a fantastic set Bruce. They look like they are in very good condition, did you have to do much to them?

A little touch up on the edges. Keith was a great guy on tool restoration and kept them in wonderful condition. I had visited him several times and he had shown me his personal tools for at least 10 or 12 years. When the opportunity to buy his whole set of personal tools came up, I was blessed to be able to do it. 

1 hour ago, bruce johnson said:

A little touch up on the edges. Keith was a great guy on tool restoration and kept them in wonderful condition. I had visited him several times and he had shown me his personal tools for at least 10 or 12 years. When the opportunity to buy his whole set of personal tools came up, I was blessed to be able to do it. 

you sure were those are awesome!!

I know a guy that could use those

:jawdropper:  They look like they belong in a fancy collector's case! Must be rare finding a complete set.

Wow.  I'm kinda jealous!  That's an awesome bunch of tools.

- Bill