doubleh

New holster.

I finished this up first of the week. 8/9 ounce very old Hermans' oak that I had laying around, Holster pattern by me, tooling pattern from Al Stholman's holster making book with a little space filler by me, horsehide lined. and hand stitched. It's a right hand cross draw and will fit Ruger's wrangler or single six revolver.

vSdvcePh.jpg

that's pretty fine work there indeed.

Nice job do you have a toe plug in that and if so could we see it thanks.

Yep, pretty darn nice! 

That's good lookin stuff there.

May God bless,

Dwight

On 9/23/2022 at 11:28 AM, Samalan said:

Nice job do you have a toe plug in that and if so could we see it thanks.

No, and if you look very closely you can see the end of the barrel in the picture. I should have made the holster a tiny bit longer. I prefer open toe holsters to let any trash fall through.

Great job!  well done.

23 hours ago, doubleh said:

. I prefer open toe holsters to let any trash fall through.

i did too until one day out hunting i sat down to eat lunch and filled my barrel with dirt. now i know why old working holsters were usually sealed up top and bottom lol. btw duct tape saved the day again. but with your cross draw that shouldn't happen.

Nicely done. 

Very nicely done.  I too leave the bottom open for the same reason. 

I think your tooling is superior.  Keep up the good work.

Beautiful work just one thing I think the trigger needs to be covered, so when drawing you don't accidentally grab the trigger and shoot yourself. I've seen it happen.

Nice work for sure !!

Bert  the Wrangler and Single Six are single actions so unless you back the hammer before you draw there ain't much way of  an un-intentional discharge .   Now  I don't put it past someone somewhere to do just that  but  that person needs to  " put the revolver down and step away ";)

I guess it personal preference. I like to cover the trigger 

On 9/26/2022 at 7:23 AM, chuck123wapati said:

i did too until one day out hunting i sat down to eat lunch and filled my barrel with dirt. now i know why old working holsters were usually sealed up top and bottom lol. btw duct tape saved the day again. but with your cross draw that shouldn't happen.

I can understand that but at this point in life I find something elevated to sit on. I prefer the seat in my jeep. Getting up off the ground is a chore anymore.

On 9/26/2022 at 9:43 PM, Bert03241 said:

Beautiful work just one thing I think the trigger needs to be covered, so when drawing you don't accidentally grab the trigger and shoot yourself. I've seen it happen.

It IS a single action revolver. You can pull on the trigger all day long but until you cock the hammer ain't nothing gonna happen.

Just wanted to say, I'm like the rest of these folks Mighty nice lookin holster. 

I sorta like an open end myself, but I'll let the customer decide, if its not for myself. 

The customer is always right---even if it irks you. As I have not done customers in a long, long time I only do things to please ME.

Thanks to all for the kind words. It looks as if we are starting an extended cool spell so I am think of getting another for a larger gun made during it.