Sham

Singer 29-4 parts/problems

I just got this, it’s missing the leaf spring/foot tension bar, I put a little hmm screw from a 31-30 in the stitch adjuster thing.

it was cycling until I opened the bottom and the gear fell out and the small notch piece. I also took out the bobbin/shuttle, now it stops like it’s hitting, I don’t know what’s stuck.

hopefully it will work, I’m sure I’ll need that spring to see though , anyone have one, or some tips ?

3BB26A34-63A9-4966-8169-C7CC31A3F734.jpeg

E1933C0A-48BF-4B2C-ABD6-DBFC283AAC35.jpeg

88E70D82-18F7-451F-B472-8D4EEFC33CF7.jpeg

there is  needlbar.org  (kens life)site  about 29-4.  Very good info.  I also am working on a 29-4.  Bent handwheel (fixed) bell crank work in progress.  Clearances seem tight, screws are not chewed up, don't think I will to shim rack. Hook has little wear and picks up thread.  However it  looks terrible on the outside but good on the inside.  There is also a facebook forum site 29k and others. 1mm shim stock was 63cents per inch. from NAPA. Trying for 5spi.

I have the leaf spring and maybe some other bits if needed. I`ll send you a PM.

Your pics are small and I cannot see details very well but the racks and pinions should be aligned like this to work properly. This is from a Adler 30 but Singer 29K are similar.

1818287826_Adler30Singer29Kgearbox.JPG.4031e1b95cd8cfb626b0708fa2a0fd1c.JPG

Edited by Constabulary

Thanks! That pic is very helpful! Hope that will fix it

Your following gear teeth are chewed up.   I have them.   Make sure the set screw holding the drive gear onto the shuttle carrier shaft is all the way in. If it sticks out any at all, it will stop the gear from turning.

glenn