rleather

Floridian's

To all fellow Floridians, STAY SAFE. It looks like Ian has us in it's sights. I hope and pray no where near a cat 4.

Rodger that! I lived in Clearwater for over 30 years near the beach and always hoped the big one didn't hit us. I moved to the panhandle last year to 30 acres of woods. hurricane Michael's eye passed my place here by 15 miles and devastated my property, it looked like a nuke went off. I'm still cutting downed trees in the woods and have lots of widow maker leaners all thru the woods.

I've spoken with some friends down there today, some are prepared others don't think much of it. I told them if they saw what happened to Mexico beach and north in the panhandle they BEST be very worried.

my area was out of electricity for over two weeks with every pole on every road snapped. I'm afraid the Tampa Bay and Clearwater area are about to see catastrophic damage that's never been seen there before.

good luck to all you good folks!!!  

17 hours ago, bladegrinder said:

Rodger that! I lived in Clearwater for over 30 years near the beach and always hoped the big one didn't hit us. I moved to the panhandle last year to 30 acres of woods. hurricane Michael's eye passed my place here by 15 miles and devastated my property, it looked like a nuke went off. I'm still cutting downed trees in the woods and have lots of widow maker leaners all thru the woods.

I've spoken with some friends down there today, some are prepared others don't think much of it. I told them if they saw what happened to Mexico beach and north in the panhandle they BEST be very worried.

my area was out of electricity for over two weeks with every pole on every road snapped. I'm afraid the Tampa Bay and Clearwater area are about to see catastrophic damage that's never been seen there before.

The last time Tampa had a direct hit was in 1921, and it was a cat 4. Tampa was under 11 feet of water.  What worries me is that the older construction has not been put to the "test", in 100 years. Certainly not up to current hurricane codes.

That looks so scary on the news. We get our fair share of storms, cyclones etc. but thats a whopper.

The pic is of ' Hurricane Mathew'. Not sure year that was. 

Tell me what you see ? 

Stay safe . 

HS

Eerie Hurricane  Mathew Pic.png

A skull with a red eye. Bad news.

50 minutes ago, bladegrinder said:

A skull with a red eye. Bad news.

You're right. You don't have to experience ' paradolia' to spot that.  It was on various media sites. 

I did some research.

"Hurricane Matthew was the first Category 5 Atlantic hurricane since Felix in 2007" 

Mathew hit  around Sept-Oct.  2016

Whenever it was, that pic totally  creeps me out  . Holy crap !!!!!!! 

Question: Why do TV reporters  stand out in the open when reporting on weather events? 

Looking at the news earlier   ,  its an incredibly dangerous  and powerful hurricane , but yet they're in the middle of it. Surely they can report on it from a safe location?   

Happens here in Oz during serious weather events, theres no need to tell us how dangerous it is...we are  in it !!! 

Please stay safe, unlike the reporters. 

HS