Guest Monique Hovey

Arlington Caisson PLT looking for a leather worker

Guest Monique Hovey

I am the new herd manager for the Caisson platoon in Arlington National Cemetery. We recently posted a job opportunity looking for a leathersmith. I am hoping that someone with leathersmithing and pasture management experience might be interested in an exciting opportunity.

The job opportunity is available at this link: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/679055900

I am not responsible for the duality of the position. I know they are two expertise areas not tied together in the professional world. This position was created before I arrived as the Herd Manager for the Caisson horses. Regardless, I am hoping that someone out there might be interested in leather smithing at the Capitol. It was brought to my attention by a leathersmith professional that some may like the dual responsibilities in this job description. If that might be you- I hope you consider applying!

Thank you so much and have a great week!

HI Monique, Congrats on the new position as Herd Manager. I would be interested in talking with you more. I am currently a federal employee, and this interests me a great deal. 

I will send you a DM on here and see if we can talk more. Thanks!

Great looking job!