Sign in to follow this  
ShellCordovanFan

WTB - Cowboy 4500, Cobra Class 4, or Techsew 5100 within 100 miles of Orlando, FL

Should I have just said a Juki clone? :rolleyes:

Long time lurker, first time posting here, so please be kind. I know @Frankqv has a nice setup for his Cowboy 3200 for sale with press, drill, and hand skiver, but I am really looking for something with a 7/8” capability.

You know what they say…don’t buy a machine that is already at your max, because you’ll need something bigger. So true…

I currently have a Cobra Class 20 that I like, but I’m being asked to fix tack that is quickly getting beyond the machines capacity. I’ve scoured the usual sites, but have yet to find one close enough that would be less expensive than buying new. This is something I do to help out a local stable that teaches kids to ride, so I fix their stuff for free. My work is ugly, but it does what it is supposed to and I’m getting better. :crazy:

Would love a Cobra Class 4 to match the 20, but at this point I’m not picky!

Please let me know if you have something that fits the ask and you are in Central Florida! Ocala, Orlando, Tampa.

Thanks!!

If I lived in VA, that would be great. It certainly looks well loved. ;)

I did see that one before I posted, but to fly up, rent an SUV or truck, fuel, etc, I’m not far off of new pricing. :(

I am hoping to find one locally, but appreciate the response!

I am leaving the leatherworking hobby/business and planning to sell everything I have. I will be selling my Cobra Class 4 with all the tools and accessories. I think it is what they now call the premium package, since it has the holster plate and a couple of others, blanket accessory kit, heavy duty edge guide and some other stuff in addition to the standard tool set and thread stand. Also has a bolt-on table surround to make the arm a flat surface. This set sells for about $3,400 now days, and I'd like to get $2,000 for mine. I will include all the thread, bobbins and needles I have on hand as well.  I'm in Gulf Breeze, Florida.  Marginally better than Virginia, anyway!  -Steve 

On 10/4/2022 at 11:22 PM, ShellCordovanFan said:

If I lived in VA, that would be great. It certainly looks well loved. ;)

I did see that one before I posted, but to fly up, rent an SUV or truck, fuel, etc, I’m not far off of new pricing. :(

I am hoping to find one locally, but appreciate the response!

You don't need a truck or SUV, just be a little creative.

20 Years ago when I bought my first "real" stitcher,  I drove all the way to Hialiah, FL and put a Randall Stitcher w/table and Clutch motor along with 3 boxes of goodies in the hatch of my VW Golf.   

A month ago I sold some Mexican guys a Randall Embosser. They drove from out of state (California maybe?) and put it in the trunk of a Chevy Impala. Stand and all.   

Sounds like Oak Grove leather has a deal going that might be a little better  though?

Edited by Cumberland Highpower

Well, not exactly within 100 miles, but Steve was very easy to work with!

First time using uShip - had a quote and order same day. They even picked it up on the same day with delivery scheduled for tomorrow. Let’s hope it arrives in one piece!

Saves me the 8 hour trip and gas money! Or a flight and rental!

Thanks again, Steve!

@moderator - you can close/archive this thread!