Gezzer

Conversation starter .... maybe..

This might be really lame and if it is , say so . It occurred to me that I may come in contact with other folks that do leather work during my daily activities .  Any way I am thinking most folks that work leather might recognize this and say something , I know I would  . 

and I am  always going to wear a hat so might as well have something on it ;)

IMG_1680.JPG

Personally I think that's a great idea.  I usually wear a hat with a Coast Guard emblem and it's always a conversation starter when I run across another Coastie.  I may have to steal your pattern.

/dwight

Help yourself Sir .  

As far as I know there is no guild or any organized group around here  and I don't do face book ,  so I know just 2 people who leather work ( 1 of which  who hasn't done  any for years ) . We will see if this prompts  any new  acquaintances  to be made  ?

That's pretty cool @Gezzer and a great idea.

Thank you PastorBob !

Cool idea Gezzer, as you might guess I wear a Marine Corps Veterans hat , and its always a conversation starter with other vets of all branches.:yes:

Imma tell you right now, I notice things like that, and I would definitely complement you on it, and commence to talking your ear off. Like me and my sewing machine shirts I make. I do it for that reason. Ordinary folks will have no idea, but when someone notices and knows what it is, usually gonna be a good conversation… 

@Bert03241 and @Garyak  Thanks fellows  that is good to hear !!!! I may  meet some local leathercrafters from this .

Cool idea

I like this idea, too, and i think I am gonna 'steal it' for a patch for a plain ball cap I have.  Kind of like a secret handshake!

@Bawarrior Thank you .

@JayEhl  Hadn't thought of the " secret Handshake " angle but  I can see that now ;)

Thanks guys 

You get an idea, run with it

Neat. That will be sure to start a conversation or two. 

I like it. I pay no attention to logos on ball caps but do look at hats. This is still kind of cowboy country but caps far outnumber the hats I see worn. The wind we deal with might be a factor in that as I pass on a hat and grab a cap if it's windy and believe most everyone will do the same. It's tiresome and annoying to have to hang on to a hat. I don't believe I have ever seen anyone wearing a hat with a logo though. Differnt creases and brim shapes but no logos.

thats very cool indeed i like the feather too!!

16 hours ago, Gezzer said:

@Bawarrior Thank you .

@JayEhl  Hadn't thought of the " secret Handshake " angle but  I can see that now ;)

Thanks guys 

@JWheeler331 Thanks

@doubleh  I can see that , if we had very much wind here I might have to consider a cap myself .

@chuck123wapati Thanks , the feather has been there a while and gotten a couple of comments ..... just from " normal folks " 

@JayEhl  Looks like I am in good company with Fred :lol: