NancyLou

Singer 111W155 walking foot

Hello 

I have a walking foot Singer 111W55.  
The latch that you push down after you stick bobbin into bobbin case is stuck in a straight up position.  I tried oiling and putting pressure on it to release but having no luck.  Any help appreciated. 
Thank you 

Nancy 

There is a very small spring at the bottom of the post.  See if anything got under it by removing  the bobbin case and looking at the spring in the small access hole

glenn

Glenn knows if anyone does......

Thank you Glenn.  I will look again.  There did not appear to be anything last time I looked.  I might need a magnifying glass as the little one I have is not good with my older eye. 

I think there is a super small pin that holds the latch.  See if that is gotten out of the hole that it goes in.  You may have to take the bobbin case out to see what is causing the problem.

glenn

Thank you. I will try that.  I did take the bobbin case out to see if anything was stuck inside spring.  All good with that.  I will check small the small pin next. 

My son the engineer figured it out.  I did not want to force it closed, but he said it was getting stuck up because it was a little bent.  Anyways that solved. 
Thank you everyone for replies.