chris032188

206rb-1 stitch length problem

My 206rb-1 seems to be only getting around 4SPI at maximum when the manual says around 2.5 should be maximum. I believe it has something to do with the presser feet timing. I have tried to reset it according to a video I seen on youtube where you loosen the flywheel depending on thickness of material, then lower needle to the material and loosen the 10mm and retighten, but it still seems like it is way shorter then it should be getting. Anyone have any info on how to properly time / set these feet for the lowest maximum stitch per inch?

My 206rb-1 seems to be only getting around 4SPI at maximum when the manual says around 2.5 should be maximum.

Something wrong with this statement?  Are you sure you didn't mean it the other way around?

Sorry if I am explaining it poorly. Im getting roughly 6mm stitch length with lever set to max, when it should be able to achieve a 10MM stitch length.

1 hour ago, chris032188 said:

Sorry if I am explaining it poorly. Im getting roughly 6mm stitch length with lever set to max, when it should be able to achieve a 10MM stitch length.

Got it.  That makes more sense.

16 hours ago, chris032188 said:

My 206rb-1 seems to be only getting around 4SPI at maximum when the manual says around 2.5 should be maximum. I believe it has something to do with the presser feet timing. I have tried to reset it according to a video I seen on youtube where you loosen the flywheel depending on thickness of material, then lower needle to the material and loosen the 10mm and retighten, but it still seems like it is way shorter then it should be getting. Anyone have any info on how to properly time / set these feet for the lowest maximum stitch per inch?

Lift the pressure foot up & push the needlebar front to back,is there much play?

Sorry I don't have a 206rb-1, google did me wrong. Purchased the machine at a flee market and it had no tag. Its actually a 226 i think.

maximum stich length on 226 I believe is about 5.5MM.

glenn

10 hours ago, chris032188 said:

Sorry I don't have a 206rb-1, google did me wrong. Purchased the machine at a flee market and it had no tag. Its actually a 226 i think.

Here's a spec sheet on the 226.

Consew 226R spec sheet.pdf