Sign in to follow this  
kgg

Machine Prices at Auction in Ontario, Canada

I do browse some of the provincial auction sites as you never know when a good buy maybe had. Today there was an ex factory online auction with a couple of items that did catch my eye. There were Pfaff's, Alder's and a couple of Juki's most with ELKA's.

1. a repainted SINGER 144W204 sold for north of $800 plus additional 29.95 percent for the hammer fee and provincial sale tax so north of $1039 CAD

2. a SINGER 29K62 with possible missing / broken drive rack, connecting drive rod not connected sold for north of $1150 plus additional 29.95 percent for hammer fee and provincial sale tax so north of $1494 CAD

kgg

The 144 was in the ballpark but that 29 sure was crazy high$$,Thanks for posting the results.

Edited by CowboyBob

The 29k is a nice machine but OTT  $$$  .   I'd buy the 204 myself tho  :) 

HS

2 hours ago, CowboyBob said:

The 144 was in the ballpark but that 29 sure was crazy high$$,Thanks for posting the results.

The prices lately for the online auctions are generally becoming expensive as it is too easy to hit the Bid button without thinking of the additional 30 percent charges at the checkout. New 29k clones in Ontario can be had from Amazon.ca ( https://www.amazon.ca/INTBUYING-Industrial-Machine-Leather-Stitching/dp/B09VXL421L/ref=sr_1_28?crid=5NS7O28M43WS&keywords=leather+sewing+machine&qid=1664988624&qu=eyJxc2MiOiI1LjQxIiwicXNhIjoiNC42MyIsInFzcCI6IjMuNzgifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=leather+sewing+machine%2Caps%2C119&sr=8-28) for $739 plus 13 percent sales tax from an Ontario based company. Quality ???.

kgg

16 hours ago, kgg said:

The prices lately for the online auctions are generally becoming expensive

I've been to quite a few  (on site) clearing/farm  sales here in Oz. Buyers premium is around 5 to 10% of goods purchased, and in some cases +  10% GST ( goods & services tax). And just  like you said, its so easy  for people to  get carried away at auctions without thinking.  

HS

1 hour ago, Handstitched said:

And just  like you said, its so easy  for people to  get carried away at auctions without thinking.  

My cardinal rule for auctions whether live or online is set a price and if it goes for one penny over that amount let it go.

Online auctions are so much easier then live as you usually have a few days to do a spread sheet of the items of interest. I use a spread sheet where I can plug in what I want to bid and see what the actual out of pocket expense with the Buyers premium and taxes calculated versus typical retail / used market prices.

kgg