Gezzer

Sometimes simple is enough ...

While I  think figure carving in general is all about the details and I admire and even envy the talent of many , I will never reach that level . Think of this as  "  a cave painting on leather "  :lol:

IMG_1686.JPG

There is not a thing wrong with simple you do beautiful work! There is an idea about art that the simplest strokes make the loudest noise, many great artist have spent their lifetime trying to accomplish that.

I'd hang that in my office!

1 hour ago, chuck123wapati said:

There is not a thing wrong with simple you do beautiful work! There is an idea about art that the simplest strokes make the loudest noise, many great artist have spent their lifetime trying to accomplish that.

Thank you for the kind words Chuck !!!!!!

1 hour ago, JayEhl said:

I'd hang that in my office!

Well it is coaster size but if ya don't think me a  mental patient :dunno:        pm me an address and I mail it to you :spoton:  and Thank you !!!!

I like it.  Love the 3 tone look as well as how even and consistent the beveling looks around the edges.  Nice job.

I agree.  Most writers/artists try to put forth their thoughts in as few words as possible.  If all you are trying to say is "Cowboy" then no one can mistake your statement for anything else.

@PastorBob  Many Thanks Sir !!  ( 2 coats of oil , Fiebing's saddle tan , and Fiebing's medium brown  yielded  the colors )

@sbrownn  Exactly  what I was conveying  . Thank you !