@Pappys Leather  Got to thinking and I probably was not very clear on what I was trying to convey about the bevel on the blade . This will either be clearer or totally muddy the water :lol:, I am not known for my communication skills !

same leather and cased the same amount of time .... cut marked R was a single edge razor other marked S K is from swivel knife . I tried my best to cut with same pressure , used the same beveller again doing my best to keep every thing equal . My thinking is that the width of the "furrow " has more to do with how deep it looks  than actual depth of cut  ( or we would all be using scalpels ) . Cross section of blade  I think makes a difference .

This may all be so much hot air on my part , but I do want you to get it figured out :spoton:

IMG_1782.JPG

IMG_1784.JPG

IMG_1783.JPG

On 10/25/2022 at 5:00 AM, Gezzer said:

Is your blade hollow ground ?  If not I think you may be ready for a new one or at the very least a trip to the stones ..... but I  may be totally wrong .

Here in your pic it doesn't look like you have much bevel left , I  enlarged about 300%

IMG_1780.thumb.JPG.32a0ce4a689b2d5448a410edcd93c23c.JPG

Here is a normal picture of mine , but again they would be different if yours is hollow ground .

IMG_1779.JPG

Yes the one pictured is hollow ground. My straight blade like yours is what I started out with but it's cuts were worst