Pappys Leather

Rifle scabbard

My latest finished one. Thinking I need to get a sewing machine and learn how to use it. Take a while to stitch theses by hand.IMG_2052(1).JPG.598cf186a27f351082276493d3129c18.JPG

1 hour ago, Pappys Leather said:

My latest finished one. Thinking I need to get a sewing machine and learn how to use it. Take a while to stitch theses by hand.

Yeah, but IMO it's so much more satisfying when you are done and you can give your hands a rest.  Case looks great.

/dwight

18 hours ago, Pappys Leather said:

Take a while to stitch theses by hand.

Hear hear, and they get a little sore too  :yes: You've done a great job on that  though. 

That is a LOT of hand stitching!! My hands hurt just thinking about it! I bought a sewing machine and thought it was going to be super easy to use...but I've never used one before and it's not as easy as I thought it was going to be honestly...

I'm still forcing myself to try and use it but mainly still hand stitch, for me it's like a catch 22...sigh...

holy cow thats alot of stitching!! But it was worth it IMO beautiful job, just enough tooling.

Yep, a lot of stitching! When I started doi g more holsters I decided to pull the trigger on a Cobra. Arthritis. There was a learning curve, but pretty easy now.

On 10/7/2022 at 2:04 PM, Pappys Leather said:

My latest finished one. Thinking I need to get a sewing machine and learn how to use it. Take a while to stitch theses by hand.IMG_2052(1).JPG.598cf186a27f351082276493d3129c18.JPG

Wow.  Stunning!  What goes in it?

very nice :notworthy:

Nicely done. 

Very nice!  If I may ask, as one of the reasons I joined was to make a scabbard for my Henry .44 mag carbine, is what size leather did you use and is there some kind of liner in there?  My Henry is hardened brass and I'm a little worried about it getting scratched up on the leather.  

Again, scabbard looks great!

I bought a machine, and it's taken some time to get confident in it's use.  There  are so many things going on, and with a machine, things happen quickly.  I finally felt confident enough today to sew a major project on it, instead of practice.  It's nice, but my pucker factor will be high for a while, and I will be sewing slow.