Sign in to follow this  
Thescandall

111-155 issue

I got the manuals. I have built it a table with servo motor knee lift, foot pedal and it’s ready to sew but it is now giving me issues. 
the stitch length adjust button won’t go down in the groove. It’s not frozen. 
it used to hit the groove but never would would maintain continuous stitch length. It slowly became closer and closer to 0. A few times while trying to set it it just spins all the way around. Even started sewing in reverse. We know it doesn’t have reverse but it did. 
 I flipped it up and the lower shaft has about 1/4” movement east and west. I had it timed correctly and it sewed. But this problem keeps me from using or trusting it. 
 I don’t think with the button pushed down it’s supposed to just spin all the way around. Shouldn’t it stop at 0 and at it’s max stitch length.  
also I can’t see the little dovetail move when adjusting it. 
 I know the side to side play should not be happening but don’t know what gear/ spacer/ screw to move or tighten to stop the play. With the 1/4” inch play it is effecting the timing. And may be keeping the stitch length button from going in the slot. 
 Very poor description of the issues but I know you experts can kinda understand my Delima. 
I really was looking forward to using it for all my 3/8 inch and smaller work After all the work I’ve put into building the table and motor setup. 
Help a fellow out if you can. 
Thanks Randall

I may have turned the wheel while adjusting the stitch length so many times I unscrewed it all the way ?

11 hours ago, Thescandall said:

I flipped it up and the lower shaft has about 1/4” movement east and west. I had it timed correctly and it sewed. But this problem keeps me from using or trusting it. 

This is the problem,you need to move the collar ( has an arrow on it & one set screw) by the bearing on the rightside so you have close to 0 movement east & west.

Bob i dont see a pic.  did you intend to add one..  thanks  i will look for one with an arrow on it  

Edited by Thescandall

5 hours ago, Thescandall said:

Bob i dont see a pic.  did you intend to add one..  thanks  i will look for one with an arrow on it  

I believe Bob was simply describing the  collar with an arrow.

Thanks.  I watched Uwes timing video and see the one now.  I was afraid to mess with that one because it marks top of the take up arm.  

Bob. You hit the nail on the head. But. Underneath the frame right between the collar with the arrow and the clutch , is a hole in the body of the machine. There is a screw in the hole that holds the race/collar in place. That screw was loose. Jammed everything west and tightened it up.  Also. The stitch length adjustment wheel had shifted east a tad also. Loosened those 2 screws and tapped it over about 3/16 west and the pin now grabs and the stitch length is solid now.  

This place is great. Your direction was enough to guide me in the right direction. I now see there is a flat spot on the shaft and the collar with the arrow can’t rotate unless you loosen the screw way off. 

I’m sewing now.  But I still love my 5100 more. Lol. 

8C315CB2-117E-4C83-BEC2-795FF8ED11E7.png

Edited by Thescandall
Add pic

Glad to hear you got it going!They are a great machine for smaller thread & thinner leather.

Thanks again . 

523EB874-6880-4307-BB52-829E355E9CD9.jpeg