Gezzer

Same ole same ole

but I did this for a local florist .  Getting that pink out of a bottle of burgundy took a minute or 3 :lol:

IMG_1718.JPG

Lookin' good Sir! Way to get creative with your thinning of dye. 

Nice job! Looks like that matting tool is working well for you.

1 hour ago, battlemunky said:

Lookin' good Sir! Way to get creative with your thinning of dye. 

Thank you !  I  think I diluted 7 to 1  , I really need to start writing stuff down so maybe I can repeat  it if ever needed  . 

36 minutes ago, tsunkasapa said:

Nice job! Looks like that matting tool is working well for you.

Yes Sir and I want to say Thanks again !!!!  I have a ways to go to be good with it but it has already made a difference  that I can see .

On 10/11/2022 at 9:13 PM, Gezzer said:

Thank you !  I  think I diluted 7 to 1  , I really need to start writing stuff down so maybe I can repeat  it if ever needed  . 

Serge Volken has a great series of YT vids on dyeing and how a master does it. If you aren't familiar with him he's the one that does the super creepy looking biological looking super depth carvings, among other things. He's fun to watch too.

@battlemunky   While he does seem just a little odd , I believe he knows his stuff :lol:  It never crossed my mind to do it that way ,  1cc to 5,6 ,or however many cc's of alcohol  is how I was thinking of it . Thanks   !!!       Looks like I may need to invest in a book or two .

1 hour ago, battlemunky said:

Serge Volken has a great series of YT vids on dyeing and how a master does it.

Thanks for that intro to Serge.  You're right.  Fun to watch and very informative.

you are getting better by leaps and bounds friend keep it up.

3 hours ago, Gezzer said:

@battlemunky   While he does seem just a little odd , I believe he knows his stuff :lol:  It never crossed my mind to do it that way ,  1cc to 5,6 ,or however many cc's of alcohol  is how I was thinking of it . Thanks   !!!       Looks like I may need to invest in a book or two .

We all need to! Books and the accompanying knowledge is something I can always have more of.

3 hours ago, PastorBob said:

Thanks for that intro to Serge.  You're right.  Fun to watch and very informative.

My pleasure Sir! He is a character for sure.

On 10/11/2022 at 6:35 PM, Gezzer said:

but I did this for a local florist .  Getting that pink out of a bottle of burgundy took a minute or 3 :lol:

IMG_1718.JPG

That looks very nice!  I've been watching your posts and your carving is improving quite nicely. If I may make one small suggestion for you to try that will have a big impact; when doing your decorative cuts (even your normal swivel knife cuts) try to fade them out at the end, i.e. start the cut as deep as you are now, but lighten the pressure as you finish the cut so it just sort of fades away to nothing at the point where you want to end it... That is one tip someone gave that immediately made a difference for me. 

Keep up the good work.

@chuck123wapati Thank you very much !

@sparctek  Thank you !!  Yes i am learning and guidance is always welcome . I try and keep that in mind but I think I get caught up in where  and how many decorative cuts and just totally forget about fading . Maybe time , confidence , and practice will get me to the point  where I remember to fade out . Thank you for the tip , one of the many things I like about this group !!!!