lolly

What power is required for 20 ton clicker press?

We are looking to move our business to the next level by purchasing a clicker press.  We have a few we're looking at but we don't have access to 3 phase 220 power.  Has anyone had success using a converter of some kind for this in their residential setting?  We aren't quite ready to move into a commercial shop setting and pay rent every month.  We need an option that will allow us to continue in our current space which is residential.  We are currently looking at a couple of different Atom press options but would also consider a manual option if the cutting surface was larger (I believe Weaver's 8 ton is only 12x24 and they are not available currently anyway).

Any ideas or advice would be appreciated! 

Look up the Tippmann company in Indiana . . . they are some of the most helpful people I've ever dealt with.

They make, sell, and service clickers . . . and should be able to give you the straight dope.

They are one of the advertisers here . . . keep watching the upper banner . . . they'll come on . . . and you can get their info.

Their banner came up as I left this post . . . number is 1-800-286-8046

May God bless,

Dwight

Edited by Dwight

I purchased 3 clickers in the 90's  A USMC model C a mechanical clicker running on 220 single phase.  A Fipi 20  running 220v 3 phase using a phase  converter. Best feature reads die height automatically, also has dial for pressure. Did conversion and found difficult because euro wiring colors and application are problematic. Today the internet would help a lot.  Third was a Schwabe model D a dead simple machine with manual height adjustment, also 3 phase which I found easy to wire to phase converter.  This machine was   USA made. These were well used but all three required less than $300 dollars in parts.  The USMC is mechanical and requires good mechanical skills and a operator manual.  All machines are industrial and have a very long life. The hydraulic machines are noisy, theModel C is quiet except when tripped.  When I sold business I kept the USMC Model C  The Fipi and the Schwabe are still in use in my old business.

I also have an ATOM SE 22 single phase (EU are 220volt not 110)  made by the factory not after market ! You have some limitation but it's working perfectrly!

Edited by miker