Drumhack

Leather Noob

Spend alot of time in a work apartment.  I'm getting old to play electric drums constantly and it's too hot in Louisiana to shoot frequently so I googled "hobbies for an apartment".  Leather came up, I found Tandy down in New Orleans and a couple months and a couple grand later I make stuff outta leather for kids and wife etc.  I'm hoping to improve by reading some stuff on this forum and improve on leather carving and hand stitching and basket weaving stamps(can't get it straight no matter what I do) the most.  

I want to make a decked out scabbard, tooling, top of line hardware etc for my Henry .44mag carbine and also make some holsters that are tooled/fancy when I utilize my American right to own and openly carry a sidearm.  

So I'm figuring this forum will have a bunch of stuff to help save some headaches and wasted leather.  

Thanks,

Welcome from Idaho.  Leather work can be a fun hobby, but you'll find that you always need one more tool.  This forum can be a great place to learn new techniques and for problem solving to cure those headaches.  As for wasted leather, well there is always another way to use that bit of leather when the project goes wrong.

/dwight